Friday, November 16, 2007

Soley Granny Squares Hat Pattern




Here's the pattern peeps! I added a diagram for those of you that are more visually inclined. If you have any questions or find errors, please let me know!

Solely Granny Squares Hat Pattern:

Material: I hook (5.5mm) and scraps of worsted weight yarn (I used RHSS in black and white and Caron Simply Soft in pink).

Gauge: Each granny should measure about 5 inches.

Granny Squares: make 5 (this is a basic granny square)

With black, Ch. 4, join with sl st to first ch to form a loop

Round 1: With black, Ch. 3, 2 dc in ring, (ch.2, 3 dc in ring) 3 times, join with a sl st. to top of ch.3

Round 2: With pink, Ch. 3, 2 dc in corner, ch. 2, 3 dc in same corner, (ch.2, 3 dc in corner, ch.2, 3 dc in same corner) 3 times. Join with a sl st to top of ch. 3

Round 3: With white, Ch.3, 2 dc in corner, ch. 2, 3 dc in same corner, (ch. 2, 3 dc in space, ch.2, 3 dc in ring, ch. 2, 3 dc in same ring) 3 times. Join with a sl st to top of ch. 3

Round 4: With black, repeat round 3 (the only difference is that there will be more spaces between corners). Fasten off and weave in ends

Refer to diagram for placement and finishing.




You can add two smaller granny squares to the side of the hat to make a flap hat, which are really popular now.

*Feel free to sell the finished objects that you make with this pattern, but please do not sell my pattern or diagram. If you want to re-post this on another web-site, please let me know.*

13 comments:

Laurah said...

This hat pattern is great! The diagram is very well done. Any visual aid is a plus for me. I just finished one and I'm working on another.

Laurah said...

Someone else made this hat on Craftster!

The web address is: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=211809.0;all

Scroll down to the last couple posts to see it.

Latinboop said...

Christina,

I did a search for Puerto Rico flag lapghan. I have a friend that her daughter is going through intense chemo and they are Boricua's like you and I. I would love for you to share with me your pattern for the lapghan that you did for your dad. I would try to figure it out myself, but, time is of the essence and I want to be able to give it to her as soon as possible. I am a fairly rapid crocheter, but, not real adversed at doing the diagram. I know that a 14 year old girl que es muy orgullosa de ser Puerto Ricana lo va agradecer. Mil gracias

Lil_Birdie said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the tutorial . I made a few and they turned out great =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Christina! I just found your blog and really like it. I followed this pattern and am so happy with how my first hat came out:
http://3continentfamily.wordpress.com/2008/03/03/192/

Thanks!!

Unknown said...

merci beaucoup pour ce tuto!!!
i will try....

Willow Lynn said...

I love this pattern! It worked up quickly and I love the result. I posted my finished hat on my blog as well as a link to your blog and pattern, you can find the post here. Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

I intend on making something similar to this but adding either a brim or a bill and using lighter yarn so that it comes out more like a summer hat. My nieces live in California and I want to make them something special for Christmas. So thank you very much for you Diagram, it helps tremendously!

Lisa said...

I just pinned this to my pinterest board. I hope thats ok?!!!

Amy Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing this pattern. I just finished up two caps with your pattern.

http://amylynn98.blogspot.com/2013/04/made-couple-chemo-caps.html

Anonymous said...

This is the best! Just what I've been searching for.

joni said...

I do enjoy trying new things,not an expert. I am having trouble with coming back to chain to sl st in seems not right to me.

joni said...

Joni again How do I get to the tutorial?