Saturday, November 10, 2007

Scarf-a-palooza!

I'm happy to say that I'm finally feeling better! Last night I went to bed at 9 and slept almost 11 hours! That did the trick because I'm feeling like a million bucks today.

Little monster is staying at her dad's this weekend, so I've been busy hooking. I found out that the fundraiser for Pi's school is two weeks sooner than expected! GAH! I decided this weekend would be dedicated to making as many scarves for the fundraiser as possible.

This first one is made with RHSS and no pattern. Just ch 203, and 8 rows of dc. I'm really into the stripe look lately. I'm going to have to make more like this.



This next one is made with Patons Divine and the pattern is from Christina's Crochet Haven. Boy, she's got a great name, huh? :) It's the Lacy Look Scrap Scarf. I changed it up a little bit by just adding 2 extra rows to make the scarf wider. This pattern was quick, easy, and looks really pretty when finished.



This next scarf is made with Caron Simply Soft Thick and Quick. I didn't use a pattern on this either. I ch 20, and then did dc rows until it was a length I liked. Seriously, this worked up SO fast and is VERY soft. Very very soft. Super yummy soft. Can you tell I think its soft?



Next I did a newborn sized mesh baby hat. I used the same wool yarn that I used on the hat I did for my co-worker last week. I can't remember the pattern I used, but I know it is from an adult pattern I found on Crochet Pattern Central.



Its hard to see the mesh pattern without a baby's head, so I used one of Little Monster's dolls. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to add a matching flower.



Thanks to everyone who is particpating in the Pay It Forward. The three peeps who will be getting a handmade giftie from me are Crafty Ashley, Snappish and Riohnna! Thanks for playing ladies! This is going to be fun!!

5 comments:

CraftyAshley said...

Man you are a fast worker! I will have to train my hands daily and see if I can keep up

Anonymous said...

The lacy look scarf came out really well! Also love the gray stripe one. Those stripes are really nicely chosen. I love how a couple color changes can really jazz up a crochet project.
The pay it forward thing sound cool. I can't wait to see what you'll come up with to send!

Lesalicious said...

Loving the scarves great work. OHHHH love that hat. I went hat crazy this weekend you will surely see on my blog lol. Oh also have fun on Ravelry I see you on there. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the sarafs,, sarves,,, scarfs,,, scarves,,, how the cow do it spell

Anonymous said...

i did'nt know how to crochet until i found your site i've made my 1st hat/scarf set. it was for my own personal use and i'm sorry that many have to actually tell others on their site "please don't post and not link to my site". people should do the right thing but many don't. i'm very grateful for all of the free patterns that are on your site-if not for your genorosity i might not know how to crochet now so thank you so much and those who do such selfish things as taking what's not theirs should be ashamed.