Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A little of this...a little of that...

I decided I needed to take a quick break from scarves and do something fast and simple. I made little hair bows. This picture is really blurry, my apologies, but you get the basic idea of what the bows look like.

I ch. 11, then dc in 4th ch from hook and across, ch.3, turn, dc across and you're done! Then I wrapped matching yarn around the middle and attached the bows to alligator clips with whipstitching and a dab of glue.



Here is what the back of the bow looks like. You can see how I wrapped the bow around one part of the clip before whipstitching and gluing to make sure it was secure.



Scarves are never far behind... I made this scarf out of green variegated yarn I found in my stash. I probably bought it ages ago, like the blue variegated. This is my own pattern. I haven't written it down, though a co-worker asked me to do so. I'll get around to that this weekend and post the pattern when I'm done.



You'd think that was enough for one night, but noooooo. I was in a groove and kept going, though now I am sorely sleep-deprived. I made a matching hat and scarf set for Little Monster with Caron Simply Soft Thick & Quick. Again, no pattern. Just stripes for the scarf and I worked the hat in rounds that weren't joined until it was the size I wanted. The set worked up really fast and it is so soft and warm!

If this yarn came in bigger skeins, I'd make myself an afghan out of it!







A hot cup of coffee is calling my name now! Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Snappish said...

You've been busy! Love the hair bows. I look forward to seeing the pattern for the scarf.

CraftyAshley said...

Love it! I love all your work! The hat and scarf are too cute. I haven't ever made a scarf or hat since I started crocheting 1 month ago. Any suggestions? Again great job!

Lesalicious said...

Awww how cute loving the bows so cute. Love the hat to. Great work. I see you gone scarf crazy huh lol. :)

Nikki said...

I LOVE the zigzag striping on that scarf. It's awesome. :D