Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Granny square hat

I need your opinion peeps!

I saw a pattern for a hat made with 4 granny squares and a middle worked in the round. I didn't like that, but was intrigued by the idea of a hat made soley with grannies.

So today, I played with yarn and hook sizes and came up with this hat. I really like the color scheme but I'm not sure about the hat itself.

Do you like a hat made of granny squares like this? Would you wear something like this? Is it too bold? Be honest with me! I can take it.



Little monster and I have a very similar head size (seriously!), so I had her model the hat for me (I would have done it but my hair is a big mess and it would have been very unfair to you if I had subjected you to that kind of horror).

Here is a side view.



Here is a front view. The hat actually is supposed to be lower on her forehead, but she was being goofy and it rode up. Yeah, very VERY goofy.



So tell me what you think!

10 comments:

Samantha said...

Well, if you're that unsure I think you should just...well...send it here. I'll um...test it for you. Haha. Yes, I love it!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I personally don't care much for granny squares in a hat. I prefer earflap hats,,,. Let guage before beauty test it!!

Anonymous said...

I would, especially with smaller squares and out of crochet thread. It reminds me of "kufi" which I wear regularly.

Oh, and I love the colors, btw.

Lesalicious said...

Awww your daughter happy about it. That is what counts. I love the hat. Like that it is granny squares knowning me I would have it in black and white lol. But, LOVE THE HAT. Great job

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Currently I love granny square anything. I guess you could say I'm in a granny square phase. Love the hat! I would wear it even if I didn't have granny squares on the brain. Great job with the color scheme, too. It's a nice change from brown and pink.

Anonymous said...

I like your hat! (or perhaps it belongs to your daughter by now? - LOL) I like the style and the colors!

Crafty Christina said...

Thanks everyone! I feel much better about it!!!

Samantha said...

How unbelievably nice of you to offer to send me one!! But honestly I'd feel like I was taking advantage of your kindness. But you can bet your butt I'm gonna make one when you post the pattern!!!

Nikki said...

The colors don't do it for me, but the hat is very cute.

marge said...

I made this hat about 15 years ago for my mother and myself. She has passed and can't find it, so I was starting over, your directions were perfect, and now I can finish what I started. Your daughter looks great in the hat. Thanks so much, for getting me started again.
Marge