Saturday, December 29, 2007

Visit to Rockefellar Center

Last week Pi mentioned that she wanted to see the Rockefellar Center tree. I'm not big into touristy things, so we hadn't been to see the tree in a few years. Today, we went and I'm glad we did.

Here's the gigantic tree. It's HUGE!



We hung around the ice skating area and watched the skaters for awhile.





A giant toy soldier.


Giant Christmas lights.



Pi standing in front of the huge Christmas ornaments.



We also had some unannounced visitors. My uncle from PA came by with his new granddaughter. His entire family soon followed and we had 10 guests crammed into our little apartment. I'm glad they came! We had a really nice time and the baby is just the most adorable little thing you'll ever see.

I'll get pics up of my progress on the baby blanket soon.

6 comments:

Snappish said...

Thanks for sharing these pics. One day, I need to make it there to see for myself. I'm glad you had a good Christmas, and I wish you a Happy New Year!

Lesalicious said...

Awww look at the baby. Can't wait to see how the baby blanket is turning out. Looks like you and Pi had a good time:)Happy New Years:)

Bezzie said...

Why does the tree look bigger in your pictures? We went there and I was like "eh, it's big, but it's not huge!" But lucky you getting pics of the ginormous Christmas ornaments--there were too many people around when we tried!

Laurah said...

Wow! I love the blog pictures! Compared to New York I feel like I'm living in the dark ages. We have a small tree in the park and a few businesses have put up x-mas lights.
It is so fun to see what the big city has done for the holidays. The tree looks amazing and I love the picture of the skaters. The giant Christmas tree lights are my favorite of all the big decorations. Your daughter looks like she enjoyed seeing the sights and the baby is too cute!

Laura said...

Very cute baby, and great pictures! NYC is on my wish list of places to visit one day. I've been to Chicago, and that was wonderful - so much bigger and prettier (and cleaner!) than Cleveland, LOL! I hope to make it to NYC one day too!

Mimi said...

Lovely pics!
Have a happy new year!