Sunday, December 30, 2007

Through Any Window Baby Blanket Progress

Here's the progress I've been making on the Through Any Window Baby Blanket.

By this morning I'd finished 23 rows (4 pattern repeats). The blanket measured 21" which is a bit bigger than the pattern gauge. I'm using thicker yarn and a larger hook...Caron pounders in pink and purple and Rainbow Boucle in a variegated baby color and a K hook.



By this evening, I'd done two more pattern repeats and now have 31 rows. The blanket measures about 27" now. One more pattern increase and the blanket size will be the same as the pattern. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to stop at one more repeat or do the last two repeats and just have the blanket measure slightly larger.



The pics above don't really show the colors very well, so I took a close-up under a desk lamp. You can really get a feel for the colors here. You can also see that the rainbow boucle is slightly fuzzy (and it doesn't shed!). I really love the boucle...its so soft!



The pattern is simple and once you get past the first few rows, its easily memorized. Gotta say I was surprised at how fast its working up too. I love a pattern like this...looks hard but isn't!

8 comments:

Laurah said...

Your blanket is so pretty! I like the close up pic. The boucle vareigated makes a nice texture with the pink and purple.
Boucle is one of my favorites too since it is usually fluffy and soft. I only like to use it with a larger hook though. Smaller hooks get caught in all that fluff and it drives me crazy!

Cami said...

Oh, it is lovely. I have been wanting to try this pattern as well, it's on the to-do list! It really looks nice, I love the colors you used.

Laura said...

Wow, you crochet fast! I love the colors! I can't use most boucle type yarns, though because I can't see my stitches in the yarn. I had some of that Rainbow Boucle in a pretty pink color, but I sold it on Ebay along with some other yarn.

Lesalicious said...

Great job I like I like. Love that yarn it dones works up fast. You will be done in no time:)

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Caroline said...

Love the blanket! I also enjoyed seeing the pics of the tree at RC.

Caroline said...

Love the blanket! I also enjoyed seeing the pics of the tree at RC.

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty! It looks so soft and snuggly!! The colors are lovely and they all go so well together!

And thanks for the close-up photos and the "here's the complete blanket" photos. It really helps to see the blanket laid out flat so that we can see how it looks after it's finished.