Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Today's letter of the day is "K"

I haven't started my 2nd ami doll yet (I am SO behind!).

A co-worker asked me to work up a quickie letter K to hang on her daughter's door as a small Christmas surprise. I agreed, thinking it would be a no-brainer. Not so!

Yesterday, I whipped up 3 different version of a K with no success. They were all ok, but I didn't love them. So I went to bed, thinking I'd sleep on it. This morning I started over, using some of the same homespun I'd made the beret from and it just came together! I like this K much better!! The flowers are little buttons I got on sale at Joanns. I'm thinking of making a P for Pi now.



I didn't have my camera at work, so I took a cell phone picture. The color is much more purple than the picture shows. You can see the color better HERE. I used the same yarn.

10 comments:

Snappish said...

Nice job, I am sure she will love it! I still can't get my head around how to just whip something up. I am such a pattern-follower. LOL

Cami said...

Wow, you're so talented. I am sure she will love this.

Lesalicious said...

Cute you did great Christina dang you now making me want to give the letter N a try lol for my girls. Great job:) cute. I think your co-worker daughter will be very happy with it.

CraftyAshley said...

That is a great idea. Your full of great ideas and as always it looks great. I too will have to try one now! Thanks for sharing.

Bezzie said...

The 11th letter inheriently rocks already--and you just made it better!

Laurah said...

The "K" turned out so great! It's so cute! The flowers add the perfect touch. Also, letters with diagonals are tough, especially when you design your own. You should totally make one for your daughter. It can be first on your list for Boxing Day!

Maria said...

That is really cute!

Laura said...

That's so cute! Can you make any letter of the alphabet? I bet they'd sell well at a mall craft fair!

Crafty Christina said...

Hey Laura, I haven't tried any other letters yet, but I'm sure with some patience and time, I could figure it out.

Crafty Christina said...

Laurah, I'll pretend to be Canadian or a Brit and celebrate Boxing Day! Then there will be a good excuse on why the present is a day after Christmas. :)