Monday, December 10, 2007

It was a raspberry beret,,,

The kind you find in a second hand store! Kudos to anyone who gets the reference. :)

So, this isn't quite a raspberry beret...more like a grape one, haha. If you remember a few posts back, I made a scarf out of purple homespun yarn for a co-worker. She asked me to make a matching beret for her.

My gauge must have been off because it came out a bit too small. I changed the rim a bit to adjust for the small size. I'm not nutty about it, but she likes it. Propbably because her head is smaller than mine and so looked better on her, even with the smaller gauge.

I used the Homespun Beret and Scarf pattern from the Lion Brand website. I tried linking it but blogger keeps giving me an error message.






I can't seem to get a clear picture of it. I'm not sure if its the color of the beret, the lighting, or the camera. Maybe its just me! I took it outside and the natural light helped a bit, but not quite enough. Any tips on good picture taking?

Angela, I used this recipe for the sugar cookies. They're so yummy!http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Best-Rolled-Sugar-Cookies/Detail.aspx

4 comments:

Laurah said...

Nice beret! I haven't made one of those yet, but you're pushing me one step closer to trying it out.
Was it a really sunny day for the picture? I find that if the sun is super bright it makes the whites too bright and the darks too dark. The picture looks good though, and you've got a noggin to model it on. Love those!
P.S. Allrecipes.com is the best.

Lesalicious said...

I like it so cute. I can see it really clear you did a great job. I say if your co-worker loves it then that's great.:)Tell her to wear it proud.

Anonymous said...

Great beret, and TYTYTY for the recipe!!!

Cami said...

I love this, it turned out very nice.