Thursday, October 11, 2007

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Did you know that more than 40,000 people (including men!) will die this year of breast cancer? That figure is staggering. My godmother (only in her 40's) died of breast cancer in 1990, so breast cancer awareness is a big deal to me.

Please do a self-breast exam at least once a month! In honor of this month, here's a pink hat. It was made from a baby hat pattern that I adjusted to fit my large noggin.

Here's the pattern: Oh Baby hat



Can't tell I pencil in my eyebrows, can ya? :)~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Um,,,, pencil in eyebrows? What is that? I once saw a woman that had eyebrows tatooed on,,,, is that in the same category? I suppose this tells ya that it has been a while since I wore make-up,,,,cool hat, BTW!
Ooo,, I KNOW!!! A good excuse to come to Italy,,, to teach me to put on make-up, er, pencil my eyebrows!!!! yea,,,,,

Crafty Christina said...

heehee, in the post before this one I mentioned how I tweezed way too much off of my eyebrows and have to use an eyebrow pencil to fill in the gaps! haha! I'm a dork I know!

Ooh, I'd LOVE to visit Italy one day! One of my dreams!!! To over-pluck and then pencil your eyebrows of course, LOL.

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOL! I tried plucking before, MANY years ago. OUCH!I think I would rather pluck my,,,, LEGS!

Lesalicious said...

Love the hat so cute. Never knew how many people are afected with breast cancer it does get us all think.

Anonymous said...

Is that the same hat you were working on last night?

Looks great!

Crafty Christina said...

Yep, its the one I was working on last night. I finished it on the train. :)

Anonymous said...

Ciao! The heels on the socks I did are a lot more simple than they look! Don't let it scare ya! now, knitting on the other hand,,,, THAT scares me!

Anonymous said...

You can get Nutella there? Really???? Cow, I must email you,,,,,,