Sunday, October 28, 2007

Baby Sweater and Matching Headband

My cousin Steven and his girlfriend Emmi are due to have a baby girl this November. Her baby shower is next week. I decided to make a baby sweater in purple. Baby girls get SO much pink that I thought a sweater in purple would be a nice change.

I used this pattern from Bella Bambina.

The pattern was very straightforward and easy. I managed to finish this sweater in just a few hours while doing laundry and watching tv.

I didn't use a pattern for the matching headband. I just chained 5, sc in the 2nd ch from hook, ch. 2, sk next 2 chs, sc in the last ch, ch. 1, turn. Then I repeated the sc, ch.2, sk. 2 sc, sc in last sc, ch. 1, turn. until the headband was about 15 inches. Then I attached a bow that matched the sweater.



If I have time I'll make some matching booties.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

It so cute! Great job! I've got your blog in my faves too.

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!

Lesalicious said...

Awww how cute.:) so nice love that color:)