Sunday, October 28, 2007

Baby Sweater and Matching Headband

My cousin Steven and his girlfriend Emmi are due to have a baby girl this November. Her baby shower is next week. I decided to make a baby sweater in purple. Baby girls get SO much pink that I thought a sweater in purple would be a nice change.

I used this pattern from Bella Bambina.

The pattern was very straightforward and easy. I managed to finish this sweater in just a few hours while doing laundry and watching tv.

I didn't use a pattern for the matching headband. I just chained 5, sc in the 2nd ch from hook, ch. 2, sk next 2 chs, sc in the last ch, ch. 1, turn. Then I repeated the sc, ch.2, sk. 2 sc, sc in last sc, ch. 1, turn. until the headband was about 15 inches. Then I attached a bow that matched the sweater.

If I have time I'll make some matching booties.


Kelly said...

It so cute! Great job! I've got your blog in my faves too.

Riohnna said...

That is adorable!

Lesalicious said...

Awww how cute.:) so nice love that color:)