The first thing I wanted to do with my sewing machine was finish the bibs I started with my mom's machine. I had completed the bib part, but didn't have Velcro to sew on by the time mom asked for her machine back.
I used the Chickpea Sewing Studio pattern. Cotton fabric is on the front and terrycloth is on the back. I just sewed the Velcro (learned the hard way to use the non-sticky!) inside the neck straps. The curves aren't great, but they were good practice. I'm happy enough with them that I'll gladly give them as baby shower gifts.
I'm not the only one enamored with the sewing machine. Pi practiced a bunch of the decorative stitches. I'm going to have to find a pattern that is easy enough for us to do together because her interest is really piqued.
When looking for a subway knitting project, I noticed that nearly all the in-the-round patterns require DPNs. I don't have any DPNs right now, so I opted for a regular pattern. This Ballet Style Sweater is might be a bit over-zealous for me, but I like a challenge. I'm using Bernat Softee Chunky.
The recommended needle size is a 10 for the larger one. I did swatch after swatch and discovered that I need a 13 to hit gauge! Crap, I knit even more tightly than I thought!
Side note: Its not a good idea to burn leaves in a backyard if you live in a super urban neighborhood. Some tart burned leaves in his backyard and the whole block and my apartment smells like fire. The fire department even showed up to the tart's house to see what was going on. Hubby and I could hear them yelling at the tart not to do it anymore. Just a reminder that fire = bad.
Sorry I missed Tuesday's Tribute yesterday. It was a busy day.