Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute

Tuesday's Tribute
A Jay and Deb Production.

Tuesday's Tribute has changed a bit. Jay and Deb decided that it would be a good idea to give prompts each week. Personally, I think this is a good idea, since it can be difficult to think of what to tribute every Tuesday.

This week's tribute is to a favorite blog. I had a tough time picking just one because I have lots of favorites that I read on a regular basis. But today's tribute is to a chick who is crafty as all get out, a total triple threat. I'm guilty of perusing her blog over and over again, looking at her projects for inspiration.

Crochet Cami

Rather than just write a long spiel about why I love Cami's blog, I'm going to tell you about her by using the letters in her name.

Creativity. Cami is full of creative energy. She sews, knits, makes cards, embroiders and crochets...all with amazing skill. The gorgeous bibs and quilts she made was a big reason I decided to pursue sewing. I once won a fleece blanket with crochet edging. I loved it so much that I kept it, hopefully for a future baby. I just could not bear to part with it.

Ambition. By Cami's own admission, she and her sister had well over 50 WIPs
going into the new year. I don't know about any of you, but having ore than 3 makes my heart flutter and have palpitations. I'd probably cry if I had more than 5.

Merry. Cami's blog shows what an upbeat person she is. I can't remember one single time that she complained or spoke badly about someone or something. Even with a huge cross country move in her near future, she's been positive about it all. When moving boxes are involved, positivity seems to leave me completely!

Inspiration. There is always, always, always inspiration to be found on Cami's blog. If you're a crafter, there are so many amazing projects to give you ideas. Even if you're not a crafter, the color combinations Cami uses can be inspiration too. For example, she made a gorgeous orange and brown quilt. I would have never thought to put those colors together in a quilt, but they were gorgeous together.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Her items are beautiful!

Cami said...

Christina! You are such a sweetheart! Seriously, thank you from the bottom of my heart. THis means the world to me. You are so kind and I love your work and think that you are amazing!

Cami said...

PS. I love that you kept the receiving blanket you won! I do the same with most all of them that I make. I have a hard time parting with them.

Laura said...

Awww, that a great tribute! Cami does have some lovely projects!

Halftime Lessons said...

Wow...that is cute stuff!! Got a lot of respect for people who can make things with detail like that...I just dont have the patience. Thanks for a great referral, Christina!

Jay

Ally said...

I love Cami's blog too, she really is talented. =) I think I may join in on the Tuesday's Tribute, sounds fun. I always look forward to next tues to come read yours!

alpinekleins said...

All true! We love her too:)

Kristin

Snap said...

Well, you did it. I've been reading your Tuesday Tribute's since you started writing them and I joined in this week. It's all your fault! :)

Cami's place is wonderful. Another blog to follow! Thank you (I think)!!!