Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute

Tuesday's Tribute
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.


Today's tribute is to the little person that makes my world go round. Just like anyone who has kids will know, your life changes the moment you find out you're expecting.

Piper came home with an assignment recently that shot me back in time, reminiscing about all the stages she has been through so far. Piper learned about timelines and was asked to make her own.

We chose a picture from each year of her life and she wrote a little blurb about each picture.



It was a lot of fun to look through all the (hundreds? thousands?) of pictures we have and tell stories about each one. Pi laughed her little butt off at some of the funny pics we have. Her favorite story was of the pic of her sitting on the coffee table sans diaper and how she peed all over the table right after I took the picture. No worries to any guests/future guests...I don't have the peed-on table anymore. :)



Creating this timeline with her made me appreciate her so much. I could feel my heart swell with pride as I looked through the photographic evidence of my baby growing up...all the milestones, the fun, the laughter, and oopsie moments. Her first haircut, trip to Disney, and first steps.



Pi has been the inspiration to make me a better person. When I thought I was too exhausted to work 2 jobs and go to college, her face is what kept me going. I wanted to be a good role model for her. I wanted to show her that hard work is worth it. I wanted her to know she was worth it. I was and am willing to do whatever it takes to take care of her and be there for her. I'll be her roadie, always.

Piper has shown me what it is to be selfless. She's the inspiration in everything I do. She loves me with no strings attached and I her. I love her unconditionally. The innocence and wonder that I see through her eyes is amazing.

There are no words that can accurately describe her, except to say she's my angel.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Awww, that was very sweet! Pi takes great photos, too!

Anonymous said...

Ok, this made me cry. Thanks Chris! LOL! Really this was a beautiful blog about you and your daughter. Thank you for sharing! Anony Joyce

Deb said...

this was a wonderful tribute! that's a neat idea for a project. i imagine it was lots of fun to help her with. she's a cutie.

Kristina P. said...

That timeline is awesome! What a neat idea!

Snap said...

Beautiful post. Hugs to you both.

Karen said...

Thanks for making me teary. This was wonderful.

T. Joi said...

Beautiful...just beautiful.

Texasholly said...

What an amazing timeline...so sweet.

Ally said...

What a sweet tribute! =)

Kids are wonderful arent they? Of course until they talk back to you, scream at the top of their lungs...j/k

Subway Hooker said...

Oh man, your post just about made me cry. You are both so incredibly lucky to have each other - two amazing people!

Thanks for that lift!