Monday, March 9, 2009

Back from the City of Brotherly Love

We got back late last night from Philly. I wish I had touristy pics for you, but we went to visit family and didn't do any sightseeing.

We were originally going to drive, but decided at the last minute to go Greyhound. While its nice to let someone else do the driving, it takes a lot longer to get to where you're going. For instance, we have an hour subway ride just to get to the Greyhound station. I don't mind the subway much, but some people who will not be named (Piper) aren't fans of the long ride.



My sister-in-law lives right on the Delaware River. Since the weather was pretty warm this weekend, we walked by the river and watched the geese. There are a ton of geese there and they're not afraid of people. My SIL said one of them sometimes walks right up to her and sits on her lap.



I had a feeling the bus knitting would go well when I saw that my needles matched the seat cushion fabric. It was like knitting mojo....totally meant to be.


sorry the pic is blurry...its a Pi original

Since the bus ride was long, I made a good chunk of progress on the feather and fan scarf. The scarf now measure 44 inches! Only 16 inches to go before its finished. I have hope that I can finish by this coming weekend.


That pink yarn is the lifeline I inserted. I'm not sure how I lived without it before.

For some reason, I have this crazy desire to try knitting in the round. You'd think I'd try to make a cable or something next, but my head keeps screaming ROUND ROUND. Hopefully, I can find a knit in the round beginner friendly pattern.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Awww, poor Piper looks miserable at the propsect of that long bus ride! The scarf looks great so far, and I'm still amazed at how quickly you learned how to knit! I can't even figure out how to cast on. : (

Laura said...

Ooops, mean to say "prospect" - typing too fast!

Laura said...

P.S. I'm surprised there aren't commuter or Amtrak trains that go from NYC to Philly fairly quickly. I thought there'd be something like that there?

Ally said...

Ooo that scarf looks great! If you find any beginner "in the round" knitting patterns, let me know.

Piper makes the cutest faces. =)

Kristina P. said...

I don't like long rides either!!

Anonymous said...

LOLOL! You are dong great with that knitting thing!!

Subway Hooker said...

I think you'll like knitting in the round - you don't have to purl for the stockinette stitch, so it goes zippity do dah! A hat is an easy way to dip a toe in the water.

Little hint: you can use circulars for all your knitting! And on the subway, it's the only way to go!