Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm starting to feel like Prince.

Why, you ask? Because of all the purple!

After the round ripple was finished, I started working on a layette set for the same co-worker since there was nearly an entire skein of the Bernat left over. The sweater is Kelly's sweater by Bella Bambina. I added shells on the sleeves to match the hat I was going to do. One day, I'll use another sweater pattern, but for now, I'm still really loving this one.

The hat is the Mesh Skull Cap by Chelle at Luv2Crochet. Fast, easy, and cute. I used some of the leftover boucle from the round ripple for the flower. Last, was a pair of quick MaryJanes that I found on Crochet Pattern Central.



I went through my bag of buttons and found 2 purple butterfly buttons. They fit perfectly into the buttonholes. It was meant to be. *snif* I get so emotional when it all goes together just right. :)





The only WIPs I have now are the baby bubble blanket that I won't have enough yarn for and the knit fan scarf. We're going on a short road trip to Philadelphia today. I'm hoping to make some good progress on my knit scarf since the trip is almost 2 hours each way.

Its a gorgeous 62 degrees today here. Hope you're all having nice weather too. Happy Saturday everyone (and don't forget to spring your clocks forward tonight)!

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That outfit is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set!

Andrea Moberly said...

Super cute set! What a lucky friend you have :)

Laura said...

Christina,

That is adorable! How do you manage to crochet so fast???

And getting to go to Philadelphia? Wow, lucky you! Philadelphia is on my list of places I want to visit someday (along with NYC, of course).

Mimi said...

lovely set...nice purple color!
...cute button too!

Louise said...

That little outfit made me go "Awwww!" it's lovely!

Lulu said...

adorable

Subway Hooker said...

I am totally in love with the whole thing, but would cut off my toes to wear the maryjanes!

love,

cinderella

Cami said...

So cute! I'm a sucker for baby stuff. Love the little bity booties!