Monday, March 16, 2009

Hooray, it's done!

YIPEE!! I finished my very first knit scarf! Its the Feather and Fan scarf pattern, using size 7 needles and Red Heart Tweed.

Knitting takes way longer than crocheting, so I'm very excited that I actually finished it.



The scarf measures just under 60" and is about 6" wide. It should have been wider, but I discovered I knit very tightly. I also crochet very tightly, so I wasn't shocked to see my knitting follow the same pattern.

Add ImageAdd Image

I used the crochet bind-off method at KnittingHelp.com that Andrea pointed me to. Thanks Andrea, I love this method.



It definitely has mistakes in it, but it was a really good learning experience for me. I learned how to increase and decrease, which is lace in the knitting world.



I'm not 100% sure what my next knitting project will be. I've been bitten by the learn-to-sew bug. :)

P.S. - Laura, the Runaway Grandpa is married to non-dirty Grandma. If he was married to Dirty Grandma, I can't even imagine the trouble they'd get themselves into!

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It looks great! I would never have guessed this was your first project.

Laura said...

LOL, you have some funny grandparents!

The scarf is beautiful, and I agree with Kristina - that's an amazing first (second?) project!

Anonymous said...

The scarf is very beautiful! You did a great job..

Karen said...

Congrats Christina! It's great!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations! The scarf is gorgeous!

Mimi said...

It looks wonderful, Christina! You are so brave to try that pattern for a first knitted scarf, and you learn fast. Its an inspiration for me :)

T. Joi said...

Great job. Knitting frightens me.

Ally said...

Very nice scarf, I could never attempt to knit that! =)

Caroline said...

Congrats on completing the scarf!!! I love the stitch definition in that yarn! Great job!