Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week one completed!

My first week of the biggest loser challenge is completed! If I do say so myself, it was really tough but worth it. I lost 5.2 pounds this week and am in 35th place out of 103 players! Booyah!

I rarely use the word hate, as I feel its really really strong. But I'm going to use it today. I hate you, elliptical. I know we have the same goal - banishing the lard - but can't you take it easy on me just a little? No? I didn't think so. Bite me!



My family has been really supportive and has been trying really hard not to tempt me. Well, that was the case until this box of school candy came home, calling my name in all of its chocolaty goodness. Chrisssstina...Chrisssstina.... eat ussssss....we're preciousssss. Did you notice that the box sounds like Gollum too? Creepy.



Hubby and Pi each had a bar. I stared in disbelief and horror. I was drooling to boot. So in desperation, I ran to the kitchen and grabbed this. Thank goodness for Jello. Seriously, this stuff will take most of the craving away when I need a lil sumthin sumthin. Since I've been eating more of it, I've been buying the boxed stuff that you make yourself. Its half the price of the ready jello.



Last night, we went grocery shopping after work. Normally, we go out to eat because neither hubby or I feels like cooking after we get back from shopping. Hubby and Pi wanted Burger King. The panic bells started ringing in my head. RUN, RUN STUPID! I think hubby and Pi noticed the panic and they both assured me that BK has salad. Really? Who knew? So I ordered the garden salad with grilled chicken and no dressing. I ate it while inhaling the french fry fumes and you want to know something? I didn't want the french fries! Maybe there's hope for me yet.

I won't get too excited though, because yodels still look awfully sexy to me.

P.S. - Thanks for the school info Laura. Pi's school is not affected, but the other school in the neighborhood is one that is closing. Its sad, really sad, but the diocese has to do what it can to protect the schools that can stay open.

P.P.S. - You guys convinced me. I'm going to enter the hat in the Vanna contest.

10 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

You go girl! I myself have been trying to bust off a few pounds and boy are the temptations strong in the first week. I actually woke up feeling happy that I was cutting back today. I WANT to be healthy, that's a huge thing :) Keep it up!

Subway Hooker said...

WOO HOO! Awesome job, girlie! I think I'm down around 3 pounds so far on weightwatchers. I'm not quite feeling it yet in my clothes, but hopefully at the 5 or 6 pound mark, I will.

Are you feeling it yet??

By the way, your Baby Petal Hat is beautiful!!

Kristina P. said...

That's an awesome amount of weight loss! I took a break from the elliptical yesterday. I thought it would be easier to do at home, but man, it's been a struggle everyday!

And how does Tib make sure that people don't cheat or lie about their weight loss numbers.

Crafty Christina said...

Yep, I am feeling it in my clothes. Its not drastic but I can tell the difference. I don't need to suck in quite as much to get my pants on. LOL

Kristina, its the honor system. At first we had to take pics of ourselves on the scale, from the front, back, and sides holding a dated newspaper. The newspaper shows the date. At the end of the challenge, we take another set of pictures with a newspaper. If everyone is honest, then the numbers and pics should correspond.

Bezzie said...

They made me go on a low-carb no sugar diet when I was pregnant. Oh mama, I feel your pain. But man, I actually LOST a couple of pounds. and I really think it's the reason I'm down to my pre-preg size so fast. It's all about moderation really. But I still would have murdered someone for a chocolate glazed Dunkin donuts donut. Hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am proud of you!! I would have inhaled a bar in no time flat!!

Laura said...

5 pounds in one week is great! I agree with Riohnna - I'd have caved in to the chocolate bar!

Burger King has OK salads, but I think McDonald's salads are the best. And what's that about no dressing?! You've got to buy some fat-free dressing. Or no, I actually read recently about a study that showed that volunteers who ate a salad with low-fat dressing (or a small amount of regular dressing) absorbed more nutrients from the vegetables than volunteers who ate the salad with no dressing, or with fat-free dressing.

I worked at a Burger King for almost 4 years as a teenager (that's where I met my husband, too), and I used to eat there 5 or 6 times a week, and weighed nearly 50 pounds less than I do now. I swear nowadays, I gain weight just from looking at food! Sigh...

T. Joi said...

Congrats Christina. Today is day one of Biggest Loser (wedding goal) for the 2010 wedding of my best friend. I just took my pictures and weigh-in is at 12 noon. Wish me luck.

Karen said...

Congratulations Christina! That's an awesome amount in a week. Good going on resisting the temptation!!

Cami said...

Congrats! You are amazing! I'm also trying to work out more and it is a challenge. I have like a bizillion chocolate bars calling my name every day. I just give in though. It isn't working so well. Maybe I should try the jello.