Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute

Over at Halftime Lessons, Jay and Deb started something called Tuesday's Tribute - It's not all about you. Basically, you blog about someone other than yourself for once, whether it be to gush how much you love them or spit fire about how much you dislike them. I like this idea and am going to try to keep up with it for awhile.
Tuesday's Tribute
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.

My tribute is to this guy, Pope John Paul II the Great.

Pope John Paul II the Great was the 264th Pope to lead the Catholic Church. He was an amazing man with unbelievable empathy for people. He was especially good at connecting to the young people of the Church who felt left out for years. He breathed new life into being a young Catholic. His wisdom on many subjects, especially Theology of the Body, was an integral part of regaining my faith. So much so, that if I am ever blessed with a son, he will probably be names John Paul.

So there's my tribute for today. This may have been too heavy for some of you, so to make up for it, I'll do a scathing celebrity rant next week. :)

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think that this is a great tribute!

So, are you going to do the Biggest Loser?

Anonymous said...

Even though I'm not Christian, I liked him better than any of them.

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Wow, I liked this post. And that says a lot for me and my religious stance...because for as many times as I invited him over, and despite the fact that I have furniture in my formal living area that is STRICTLY for if he ever comes over, he keeps shunning me...But I still liked him.

Really nice idea, Christina, and great to see you again!! I am gonna take a little dance thru your blog now...havent been here in a while...sorry!

(But Im making amends now!!)

Thanks SO much for being a part of this Inaugural Tuesday's Tribute!!

Jay

Deb said...

wow... great job! that's what jay and i had intended... some heavy, some silly. and then there was mine, which was borderline pathetic. hope to see you again next tuesday!

i liked him, too.

Bezzie said...

What a cool concept!

I'm a recovering Catholic, but I'm proud to say I got to see JPII when he visited Alaska in 1983.

And I've got a brother named John Paul, so it's all good ;-)