Monday, January 19, 2009

I've given birth to...

A babushka! haha. Piper and I took a run to Sears this weekend with my dad to return something and the little babushka was clearly cold and tired. When I turned around in my seat and saw that, I just about died laughing.



Speaking of Pi, she got the strangest assignment last week. She's learning about immigrants in school and her teacher told them that part of their homework was to learn to the words to Coming to America by Neil Diamond.

I'll pause while you re-read that and let it sink in. Uh-huh, I'm not joking.

Now, I'm not sure about you guys, but Neil Diamond isn't a huge deal in my house, so I didn't have this song already. Hubby bought the MP3, looked up the lyrics, and let Pi go to town with the song. She's been listening to it everyday, at least 12-13 times a day. At full volume. And do you know what? She friggin loves the song.

Unfortunately, for hubby and I, the song is stuck in our heads. We can't get it out and trust me, we've tried. Its like Chinese torture.

Not much crafting going on this weekend. Saturday was full of chores and Sunday I had to make the decision to use my free time to craft or use the free buddy pass my sister has for her gym. I went with the buddy pass and worked out. I will have to hook soon though...there's a baby shower coming up in about a week.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

6 comments:

Bezzie said...

Hee hee, they're so cute when they zonk out like that.
Wouldn't it have just been less annoying to make your family tree or something? Ugh. Neil Diamond.

Karen said...

What the HELL kind of assignment is that?!?!

Cami said...

She is so cute! And thanks for mentioning that song, cause I'm going to be sining it all day! I got your package on Saturaday. Thank you so much for making those. THey are fantastic. You are the best.

Kristina P. said...

Neil Diamond. Interesting. I don't think he was talking about immigration with that song, but I could be wrong.

Anonymous said...

AAwwwwww!!! She is so precous!!!

Laura said...

What a crazy assignment! Wouldn't it make more sense to have the kids research their family history? After all, nearly everyone living in the U.S. is descended from immigrants at one point or another.

You're really motivated to have chosen going to the gym over sitting at home crocheting! If it were me, I think the crocheting would have won out.

Cute picture of Pi, by the way!