Monday, January 5, 2009

Stupid cold

I meant to post over the weekend, but I was stuck in bed with a nasty little cold. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were mostly spent in and out of sleep. I dragged myself back to work today, even though another day or two in bed would be awesome. What a way to start the new year!



I finished this pair of arm warmers for Pi and I'm happy to say she loves them.

I cast on 4 less stitches to make them kid-sized and instead of 8 pattern repeats, I only did 6. I used size 6 needles and Caron Pounder in purple. These have less mistakes than the first pair I made. There's one glaringly large one (to me) but as long as Pi doesn't notice, no big deal. I'm scouring free patterns to see what I want to try next.

But first, a simple dc scarf is on the hook for hubby. He's waited patiently enough through all the Christmas crafting.

I've decided not to do any real resolutions this year. I break them all anyway.
So do you guys have any resolutions? Do tell.

Edited to add: Please read Kristina's hilarious resolutions. These resolutions are right up my alley!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I posted my resolutions today! Come check!

Anonymous said...

AAwwww!!!! Get well soon! The armwarmers are great!

Laura said...

Those came out awesome! I'm amazed at how quickly you picked up knitting! Now that I'm unemployed again (sigh...)I need to practice knitting (if I can ever figure out how to cast on).

I hope you feel better soon. My husband and I were both sick last week, too. At least the kids didn't catch it though.

Snap said...

The arm warmers are looking good!

So sorry you have a cold -- more chicken soup and vitamin C!

No resolutions here -- they don't last an hour.

Kristina P. said...

So, I'm not doing the BL contest. I am actually trying to lose a bit of weight this year, however, I don't weigh myself. I lost a lot of weight 6 years ago, and I never weighed myself. I just went by my clothes. So, that's what's holding me back!

Lesalicious said...

I loved the gloves they came out great. Great job. Sorry to hear that you was sick hope you is getting better now.:)