Friday, January 23, 2009

Baby Randi

Sorry I've been MIA the last few days. I've been crazy busy and just feeling completely drained. Add Aunt Flo to that and well, I'm tired and cranky. I'm hoping to re-charge this weekend and be myself again on Monday.

My last few posts have been minus any kind of craft, but lookie lookie, I finally have something to show! My co-worker had a little baby girl on Christmas Day. Baby Randi was over a month and a half early, so no one was prepared. I'm happy to say that Randi is doing really well and thriving.

Since she came before we could throw a shower, we're throwing a post-birth baby shower next Friday. You know what that means. Baby clothes! Wooo!



I used Yarncat's Cone Hat pattern for the cute little hat. I wanted to do something a little different than a regular baby beanie. The only thing I changed was that I used a fpdc and bpdc to create ribbing on the last 2 rows. I also used Bella Bambina's Kelly Sweater, which you already know is my favorite baby sweater pattern. The elf booties are Maven Haven's Elfin booties.

The purple is all Caron pounder (which gets soooo soft after you wash and dry it). The variegated accents for the pom pom, sweater edging, and bootie edging is Bernat Softee Baby. Its my first time using this yarn and I'm a fan. Its easy to work with and feels soft even before you wash it. I'm hoping to edge some fleece for a baby blanket this weekend, but it depends on how tired I feel.

An awesome surprise arrived in the mail today, all the way from Italy! I'd won a prize from Angela over at My Tangled Threads. The prize was a secret, which was killing my curiosity. It was worth the wait...Angela sent a Brittany hook!

I've heard of these before but had never seen one in person. Its gorgeous, delicate and lightweight. Look at the detailing on the end of the hook. Just wow! Thank you so much Angela! I love it!
Last, but not least, I've got good news and bad news.
The good news: Today was weigh in #2. I lost 3.3 pounds this week, for a total loss of 8.5 pounds in 2 weeks. Woohoo!
The bad news: My fight against Aunt Flo cravings crashed and burned today. I ordered a pizza and...and I enjoyed it, dammit. I should feel guilty, but I don't. Aunt Flo demanded the pizza. Tomorrow, I'll get back and track and chalk up today as a momentary weakness.

10 comments:

Lesalicious said...

I am totally loving that hook so cute, great job on the baby stuff. Congrats on the pounds lost WTG. I have been losing weight without even trying crazy huh lol. Good luck.:)Keep up the great work

Kristina P. said...

Sometimes, you gotta give in to the cravings.

And that little baby set is so adorable!

Laura said...

The baby gifts are adorable! Lucky you to win that hook, too!

And congratulations on the weight loss - every little bit helps! Don't beat yourself up about having pizza - I think any food is OK in moderation. Besides, you can claim that pizza is "healthy", well, I guess "healthful" would be the proper word, because it has cheese (calcium) and tomatoes (Vitamin C and antioxidants). : )

Bezzie said...

Cute set!!! I gotta say, Christmas babies are some of the best ;-)

I love my Brittany sock needles, I'm sure you'll love that hook!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I was wondering when the hook would get there, it got there faster than I was expecting!! After I touched and fondled the hook, because it was pretty, I thought I would be afaid to use it. it feels so fragile!

Anonymous said...

8.5 pounds -- congrats to you! consider that pizza a treat -- you're allowed a set back as long as you get right back on the eating well track. I've lost 2 pounds at weigh in on Wednesday so I'm getting there.

Cami said...

hope you get feeling better. But check out that hook! Wow, super cool! I'm totally jealous. It looks so nice. And the baby set is adorable!

Dragonflymom said...

That hook is gorgeous!!! The baby gift is really adorable.

Kelly said...

I love the sweater!!!! I just love when I'm reading someones blog and see one of my patterns used. Congrats on the weight loss!
Kelly

Mimi said...

Adorable baby set! Congrats on losing weight, keep it up!