Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Swing Dance

About a week or so ago, I entered a blog contest at Half Time Lessons. I was randomly picked as one of three winners. My luck has been pretty decent lately, banking woes aside. Maybe I should play the lotto? If I win, you all get yarn! Thick yarn, thin yarn, pretty yarn, ugly yarn!!! YARN!!

I've gone off on a tangent. Ok, I'm composed now. Sorry 'bout that.

Back to the blog contest. The prize I won was an amazing 8x10 print at the Etsy store, Oranje. All of the prints are gorgeous, but I really felt a strong pull towards this one called Swing Dance. It arrived in today's mail and is prettier in person (though my snapshot doesn't do it justice).



Looking at this print makes me feel all nostalgic and fuzzy. I want to babble about that more, as I had a revelation of sorts while brushing Pi's hair tonight. Its just too late to give it the attention it deserves right now.

Thank you Nannette for the gorgeous print. Now I'm off to find a frame that I can only hope does the print justice.

Not much crocheting going on. I've got a nasty cold that has kept me from doing more than going to and from work, then immediately climbing into bed. Hopefully I'll have more stuff to show you soon.

P.S. - Kristina P., master of funny, I do sell some of my stuff in the Etsy store linked on the right. There's not much in there now, but I'll be filling it up soon.

9 comments:

Bezzie said...

Nice print! It kind of makes me motion sick though ;-)

Andrea Moberly said...

Awesome! Lovely pic :)

CraftyAshley said...

Oh what great luck! Congrats on the win of your cool picture. Hope your cold gets better!

Kristina P. said...

I didn't realize that it was you who had won the print! That's awesome.

And I'm glad you sell your stuff. You should be a millionaire by now!

Laura said...

Lucky you! I have zero luck with lotteries, so I never play them.

Nannette said...

Thanks again Christina! It always makes me feel SO good when someone other than me connects with a print of mine. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is a beautiful picope you get well soon!ture. H

Caroline said...

Great print! You have been on a roll lately! Sorry about your cold....feel better!

Jenny's World said...

I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends, I am surrounded by angels, but I call them friends.