Friday, October 10, 2008

Oops, we did it again!

Hubby and I were in the kitchen getting drinks to go with our lunch today. Its the middle of the day...the landlord is obviously at work...so we're free to speak our minds, right?

For those of you who are new to my life, my apartment shares a wall with the landlord's crash pad (they don't live there but spend a lot of time there) and the walls are very thin. We can hear anything they say, so we assume they can hear anything we say too (I won't mention how when they are too noisy, we have a method of quieting them down by standing close to the wall and make we're-having-loud-sex noise and how funny we think that is).

I digress. Anyway, we've made more than one gaffe before by saying something we wouldn't want them to hear - like when we talk about what crappy landlords they are. Oops.

Today we were talking about our other neighbor, who has a studio apartment in front of our place. We were saying how's she's crazy (she really is!) and how we think she has a hidden peephole to watch us in the hallway. We got onto this topic because we checked the mail in the hallway and went inside. When we went back out less than 5 minutes later, all the mail was gone, including the mail that wasn't hers. She's weird about the mail like that...she has to be the first one to look at it. She's a strange bird.

As we're proclaiming how strange she is, we hear noise in the landlord's apartment. Oops again! I'm sure the landlord heard every word we said. When will we learn not to speak openly in our own apartment? *rolls eyes*

Hate. This. Apartment.

Ok, now to fun stuff. I discovered a new hilarious blog called Pulispher Predilections. The blog author, Kristina, is hilarious! Check it out.

Through her blog, I also learned about a give-away on the Halftime Lessons Blog. There are some awesome prizes that celebrate grassroot shopping.

HalftimeContest

It ends today, so run over and enter.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, thanks for the shout out! That is crazy that the walls or so thin. I would not be on good terms with my neighbors.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sux when you can't even say what you want, in your own apartment, that YOU pay rent for!

Bezzie said...

Dude, I'm positive our landlord can hear us when have sex and when I have conversations with the cat--yes, they have their own voices and personalities ;-).

I swear I've yet to live in the "perfect" apartment. I don't think such a thing exists.

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Hey Christina-
You won my contest!! Come see!
Jay

http://www.halftimelessons.com

Laura said...

That's crazy that you have to deal with so much with your apartment - thin walls, slum landlord, a crazy neighbor and then the mice on top of that? My husband and I have lived in some pretty lousy places too. Some people really aren't cut out to be landlords. We've been really fortunate with the landlord we have now, and the house we're renting. He's a really decent landlord.

Mimi said...

Now I'm grateful we can speak freely because we are not that near to our neighbors. But then I also hear them when they're noisy or playing music and I hate it...

Anonymous said...

Does this neighbor woman realize that tampering with the mail is a federal offense???