Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hats, hats, and hats

Last week I got into a hat making frenzy. It was probably because it was beginning to get a little chilly at night. Good thing I went hat nuts last week because its pretty warm this week!

This first one is a free pattern from the Lion Brand Website. I used more than one strand to give it a really thick, warm feel. I love the way the color striped itself diagonally.


I wanted to try something in this same colorway but have it be looser and soft, so I came up with my own simple pattern using multiple strands and a really large hook. I got the same effect with the color but the hat is a lot more casual.


You'd think I'd stop there but no. I had some suede yarn lying around and tried my pattern with it. Love it! Its sooooo soft. Like a baby's ass soft!

I still have a little hat fever and really want to try a newsboy style or something similar to that.
Ok, gotta head to work. Happy Thursday!
P.S. = Thanks Inky Binky for being my model!

7 comments:

Bezzie said...

Cute! What kind of yarn did you use?

Andrea Moberly said...

I LOVE the green one you made with the big hook. I mean LOVE it!

T. Joi said...

You are sooooo fast. Love them all.

Kristina P. said...

These are beautiful!

I work in a counseling center for teens, and there was a mom in our waiting room last night, waiting for her son. She was knitting, and my coworker asked her about and how difficult it looked. She said that it was super easy. It's all Greek to me.

Lesalicious said...

Those 2 hats are way cute. Great job. You whipped those up in no time.:)

Anonymous said...

I love the hats you made!! (better than the free pattern ewe found) and Inky is gorgeous!!!!

Laura said...

Lovely hats! Your sister is very pretty, and a good model, too!

I see the hat frenzy has been rubbing off - I've been working on some hats lately too.