Monday, October 27, 2008

My weekend projects

Thanks everyone for the kind comments about my cousin and I finding each other. To answer one of your questions, he'd left because of some drama between some of the adults in the family. His mom moved him away...he was only 14. I'm so happy that I get to reconnect with him and meet his new baby.

Piper spent the weekend at her dad's getting to know her new baby sister. Pi's dad and his g/f had a baby last Wednesday, so Piper is a sister again.

While she was gone, I spent time filling a custom order I got on Etsy. A woman had asked me to make some small snowmen pins for her. I just winged these and I like how they turned out. They're about 4" tall.


She also liked the child's snowman beanie I had made and asked me to make it in a larger size. Its a simple granny square hat using a J hook and caron one pounder in red.


Christmas is coming sooner than I'd like!
Piper and I also baked cinnamon cookies tonight, but no pics of them, sorry! We prepared the dough last night and let it chill overnight. Tonight, we baked the cookies. They came out a little too thick but now I know to roll them a little flatter next time. Even thick, they were good. I love cinnamon.
In a feeble attempt to lower the fat in them, I replaced the cup of butter with a cup of applesauce instead. My family couldn't tell the difference, heehee.
The 5th game of the World Series is starting soon. I'm rooting for the Phillies, even though I am a Mets fan!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love that hat! So cute!

Lesalicious said...

Love the hat great job cute.:)

Mimi said...

Cute snowmen and hat! Can't believe Christmas is so near, now we'll see more posts on holiday stuff ;)

Bezzie said...

Cute hat! Yes, Xmas is close!

Mmm...cinnamon cookies!

And I guess you'll have to wait a bit for the WS to continue huh?

CraftyAshley said...

The pins and the hat are really cute! That is really neat that you got a custom order on etsy.

Anonymous said...

MMMMM,,, Cinnamon!!!!

(drooldrooldrool)

Laura said...

Cute hat and snowmen!

I'm totally clueless about sports. I had no idea the World Series was event taking place! Unless it's ice skating or bowling, it's not on my radar, ha, ha!

That will be nice for Pi to have a little sister - my daughter can't wait until she's old enough to babysit her little cousin (my 9 month old niece).