Sunday, October 26, 2008

A blessing!

I was going to post tonight about what I made this weekend, but a blessing happened today, a big one! One of my cousins left NY 9 years ago and my side of the family hadn't heard from him since. We didn't know where he'd gone and had tried to find him with no luck.

My grandmother saw him this past week at a funeral after all these years and gave him my number. I didn't think he'd call, but today he did. We talked for nearly an hour to catch up. He had no idea Pi existed...I had no idea he had a baby either. It was surreal. He promised that we wouldn't lose touch again.

So, after 9 years of hoping and praying to find my cousin, he's back. A blessing indeed!

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

9 years? Wow, that's amazing! I'm glad you found him.

Lesalicious said...

That is a totally blessing. WOW 9 years, glad you both are back talking.

Mimi said...

Awesome, glad you found each other again :)

CraftyAshley said...

Very neat! That is a long time. Hope he stays in touch!

Sandy said...

Thats soooooooooooo awesome that you got re-connected. Why did he leave without contacting people or letting them know how to reach him? Sad when families lose touch.

Doing some blog walking this.

Welcome mats, always out, please stop in for a visit.
Sandy

Jen said...

How exciting for you both! Wow!

Cami said...

that is great! I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is great!

Laura said...

That is wonderful! I guess it was meant for your grandma to see him at that funeral!

My husband has a huge family - 14 brothers and sisters, and hundreds of nieces/nephews, etc., but there's really only about 4 relatives that he talks to fairly regularly (not his fault). The only time his entire family gets together is for funerals. It's sad.