Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Spiders, Scarflettes, and Mail! Oh my!

So I've used that little title rhyme before. I'm not sure I have enough functioning brain cells at the moment to post this entry AND think of a good title, so you get stuck with this one. Work was so looooong today but I'm off for the next 2 days and should hopefully feel like a normal human being by Sunday.

Onto projects!

Nina_Kate over at Crochetville was looking for testers for her scarflette pattern. I'm normally not into testing scarves, but I was chilly and that swayed me.

I'm glad I did because it worked up really fast and is actually functional. This is something I can wear under my light jacket without being too bulky. Its made with Patons Shetland Chunky, which had many past lives....as a mobius wrap, a sweater, and my knitting practice.

Ignore the glazed-just-home-from-work-I-don't-have-glasses-and-can't-see look.



This next one was really fun! It's Caroline's spider pattern! Love it, love it! It was super easy and fast. The only problem I had was that the curlyq legs weren't as curly as they should be. I made it work for me though. Mr. Spider got strung up and hung in the doorway to my living room.



Is it wrong that I hung it up late last night after Pi was fast asleep, hoping to scare her with it when she woke up this morning? Heehee.

I also got mail! I won the Sudoku contest at Lesa's blog! She made a Sudoku puzzle into an afghan and whoever solved it first won. I love Sudoku, so it was right up my alley.

She spoiled me rotten.

Here are the prizes for winning the contest. A crochet borders book and 2 pattern leaflettes, 2 skeins of yarn, a hook holder, and an awesome pin cushion in my favorite color blue!



As if that wasn't enough, she also sent books for reading on the subway and a sewing book on how to make clothes.



She wasn't done yet!

Look at all the sewing patterns....and ribbon....and patterns.....and fabric.... and PATTERNS! Lesa is determined to get me hooked on sewing.



I swear the box was huge...I practically had to climb in it to get everything out. It felt like Christmas morning! Thank you so much Lesa!

My plans for the next few days are to try and get a costume together for Pi. She's got an early Halloween party this Saturday and I refuse to buy a $50 costume this year. We're going to have to get creative. If you've got ideas or tips, throw em my way!

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That spider is super cute. And I assume when you say easy, you mean easy for a knit goddess like you, not a knit idiot like me.

Caroline said...

Love the spider! I like the way your legs came out, the more dangly the better!!! Thanks for giving it a whirl.

What a fun package to get...you'll still be pouring over it for days to come.

Bezzie said...

I love that scarflette! Makes me wish I could read a crochet pattern!!

As for the Halloween costume--you've got the sewing skills now--the world is your oyster!!

Andrea Moberly said...

Well, if I had to lose the Sudoku contest, at least I lost it to you! I'm jealous though... that's quite a haul ;) Just kidding, you deserve it for all the nice things you do for other folks! Look at that love comin' round!

Cute spider by the way!

Lesalicious said...

Love the spider so cute don't scare Pi with it lol. The scarf looks comfy. I need to get started on me a scarf also great job.

So glad you love the package. Yep now you don't have no excuses on sewing lol. I thought that the fabric will totally come in handy for linning to purses. Glad you love everything. Thought it would be nice to see a blogger friend something nice.:)

Mimi said...

Nice work on the scarflette.
What an awesome crafting package, it does look like you have to be sewing some more ;)

Jenny's World said...

I love that scarflette you have it is very nice.

Laura said...

Wow, lucky you get all those goodies!

That scarlette came out really pretty, and the spider is cute too!

I know what you mean about the Halloween costumes - such a ripoff!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the scarflette!! The spider is cute, and, O.M.G. at your prize!!! I know nothing of soduku, and if it has anything to do with math, I might as well forget it.

Debbi-a1 said...

Love the scarf, spider and package.

Anonymous said...

Funny after you just held a contest you ended up winning one. And what a great one at that! Lesa was so generous, and you'll be busy for ages. :-)
The scarf is pretty and looks so cozy and warm. Love the spider, and think it's funny you tried to scare Pi. I would have done the same thing. ;-)