Saturday, October 18, 2008

K Family Weight Loss Challenge

Hubby and I have been having our own private weight loss challenge over the last 4 weeks. We're calling it the K Family Weight Loss Challenge. Anyone who knows me IRL knows I'd lost about 55 pounds 2 years ago and have gained back a few (cough25cough) over the last year or so.

Generally speaking I love sweets and hate exercise. You do the math. :) But I decided I didn't want to gain back those last 30 pounds. I'd rather lose the 25 I regained. Hubby only needed to lose about 20.

Our methods differ a lot.

Hubby gets on the elliptical for an hour a day. I stare at the elliptical for an hour a day.

Hubby happily enjoys salad for lunch and a side salad at dinner everyday. I will only subject myself to a salad once a day, usually at lunch, cursing it the entire time.

Hubby has cut back on coffee and is still just as chipper as usual. I've increased my coffee intake...might as well stick a caffeine IV drip in me.

Hubby lifts weights and is getting definition in his arms (hot!). My weight lifting happens at work, with the large dusty files. No definition to be seen.

Even though our methods differ we've both lost a few pounds over the last 4 weeks. I wanted to celebrate how great we're doing, so I made these:



I know, I know...I'm backwards! Couldn't help myself. Pi and I had a little Friday night bake fest and I let her decorate. Do you see her adorable Frankenstein on the bottom there?

I'm going to go have one of these bad boys for breakfast while trying to forget the upcoming lunch salad.

Have a great Saturday peeps!

9 comments:

Lulu said...

good luck, its so hard to lose..
have a lovely saturday..

Caroline said...

Good for you on the weight thing! I battle it every day too! On our RV trip this summer I lost 10 pounds and so did hubby! It was all the walking and fresh air. Plus setting up and tearing down camp every other day burned quite a few calories! Go ahead have a cupcake! My pholosophy is have the sweet and then pair it with a diet coke for a zero calorie balance! ;)

Kristina P. said...

Oh my goodness! I lost about 70 pounds about 5-6 years ago, and have gained back 10-15 pounds. I used to eat really well and go to the gym all the time, and then my work schedule changed, and I don't exercise at all.

In fact, I just ate a giant chocolate bon-bon.

Laura said...

I agree - good for you! That's fantastic that were able to lose 55 pounds! I could stand to lose 50 pounds myself. It stinks being short, because I can't weigh that much before I'm considered overweight. If only I was 6 inches taller. Sigh...

I'm convinced that men have a much easier time losing weight than women. My husband quit drinking regular pop (he only drinks diet now) when he was diagnosed with diabetes about 5 years ago, and he's lost a lot of weight over the years. I stopped drinking regular pop about a year ago (I can't stand the regular stuff now - too sweet) and have probably lost a pound, if even that. I think women's bodies are biologically programmed to make losing weight difficult.

Well, good luck with the diet, and don't feel bad about eating a cupcake - an occasional cupcake never hurt anyone!

Lesalicious said...

Oh wow you talking about weight lost but, then want to tease me with the goodies lol. Good luck. I also lost a lot of weight about 90 to 100 about 3 years ago but, put about 40 of that back on and hoping one day I get back into the grove of things and start back trying to lose again.

Good luck will be cheering you on on the sidelines until I join in.:)

Andrea Moberly said...

You go girl! Keep up the work, it will be worth it :)

Anonymous said...

I lost pounds before with the special K diet! That was a yummy diet!! Good luck!

CraftyAshley said...

Hey Christina! I think you look great but good luck on losing the weight! I already needed to loose weight and now I am expecting. So throw that out the window!

Subway Hooker said...

You will lose it, girl! But I do agree, men can drop the lard easier than us girlies can. I was just at the doctor last week and whoops! up 4 pounds! Drag...

In all seriousness, it's the overall lifestyle thing, not a specific diet. They're great for a short while, but then the real world kicks your butt. Better to kick the butt of the real world, I always say!