Monday, February 18, 2008

What I did on my President's Day off...

My day off isn't quite over yet. Its only 1 o'clock. The exciting news is that my whole family is still in their pj's! I love days like this. I may suck it up and go out in a little bit though...its 60 degrees outside and I don't think I can pass up a walk in the park nearby.

The weekend wasn't anything special. We just did some laundry, went to Mass, and went out to dinner last night. We also have a very board-game oriented weekend. Hubby, Pi and I played Trouble a few times and then had a nearly 3 hour game of Monopoly, which we didn't actually finish. Does that game ever end?

My little sister and her boyfriend came over last night too and we played Taboo. Its the game where you have a word or phrase that your partner needs to guess, but there are a handful of clue words that you can't say because they're "taboo." It was alot of fun!

I managed to sneak in some crochet too. One of my co-workers asked if I could make a penguin for him. His girlfriend is obsessed with penguins and he thought she'd flip for a handmade one. I've been meaning to try a penguin, so I was happy to oblige.



The pattern is from the Lion Brand website. I like it alot, though I think he was cuter without the hat and scarf. Very Happy Feet.

I also worked on an 8" square for a comfortghan over at Crochetville. The Charity Blitz group is putting together the comfortghan for another Blitzer who has been diagnosed with cancer.



This pattern is over at Crocet Pattern Central under the 8" square section. I tried linking it, but blogger is acting up.

I also finished my second SSG item. I'm really excited about this one! Even hubby was impressed!

Time for me to venture outside. Peace out peeps.

8 comments:

Laurah said...

That penguin is adorable! I also want to try the other penguin on the Lion Brand site - the one that is more softball shaped.
Your square is beautiful. The flower center is really pretty. It'll really stand out in the comfortghan.
I love board games, too. Scattergories is one of my favorites, but Monopoly is good, too. Takes forever, but if someone owns a hotel the game ends pretty quickly after that. Glad to hear you are enjoying your day off!

Laura said...

Very cute penquin, and the square is beautiful! You're very talented! I love that Taboo game too!

Zarah said...

OMG, Too funny! You'll catch on to the joke soon, I promise ;)

Bezzie said...

Love the penguin!!

Man, aren't days off great!

Zarah said...

Email me and I'll fill you in :)
zarah@hevanet.com

Mimi said...

Cute penguin and square!

I could never get myself to play monopoly...but my brother and my sons play and enjoy it. We also played Taboo before, we used to borrow it. When our Mom bought our own, that's when no one wanted to play anymore...
Have you tried Jenga? They played it here too, they just borrowed it, and they enjoyed it so much. Now my Mom bought one, and I'm guessing it won't be as exciting to them anymore :p

Kelly said...

The penguin is so cute, I made the bunny from lionbrand. The square is really pretty too. I don't have to the patience to do them. I just stick with the plain grannies.

Cami said...

wow, love the penguin. I've been a blog slacker lately, but still wanted to comment and tell you I enjoy seeing what you have been making. It is inspiring to me to keep going and keep making stuff that I like. I'll have to give the penguin a try because he is a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.