Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Loot from Bezzie!

After a long day (Pi went with me to work...nuff said), I came home to a puffy!

It was the loot I ordered from Bezzie's etsy store. I love these yarn cutters! Bezzie normally sells them with knitting needles sticking out of them, but since I am of the hooking variety she cutom made these with just the ball of yarn.

I used to try and carry safety scissors with me, but I lose them alot. These will clip onto my keychain so the chance of losing them is pretty small. If I do lose the, let's hope the person who breaks into my apartment with my keys returns the cutter.



I also got those cool crochet magnets from Bezzie too. My fridge was the only part of my apartment not infected with crochet mania...that's changed, muhahaha!

Recently, it was Teacher's Appreciation Day at Pi's school. With the majority of my mind somewhere over the rainbow, I forgot until the night before. Pi's teacher is a nun, so I was at a loss of what to make QUICK!

I remember that she's an avid reader and decided to make a book cover, but I didn't like any of the patterns I found.



I winged this one with a stitch from the Crochet Stitch Bible and used the first two rows of Cocoa Cream's American Folk Art Heart Motif. This heart motif is easy and really pretty when finished.

I didn't write out a pattern for the book cover because, in all honesty, I think it can be done better. Next time, I'll use a lighter yarn and a smaller hook. This cover was a bit on the bulky side, but worked well enough.

4 comments:

Bezzie said...

I'm glad they made it OK!

Mm...yeah but what a snuggly book cover? Can you imagine curling up with a book in that cover on a cloudy day where it refuses to snow? ;-)

Laura said...

What a beautiful cover! I'm sure Pi's teacher will be thrilled! The yarn cutters are really cool - I'm the same way with scissors - either they get lost, or my son gets a hold of them (he's into cutting up every piece of paper he can find). My daughter goes to a Catholic school, and can you believe, there's only one nun in the entire school (the librarian), and she's got to be over 80 years old. All the teachers and the principal are lay people. It seems like most of the Catholic schools in the Cleveland area are the same way.

Laurah said...

Nice yarn cutters! Those are real handy to have. The yarn ball look is so cute!
The book cover is really pretty. I love that stitch. It looks like the "Michi" (sp?) stitch floating around on the internet. Looks really nice as a bookcover!

CraftyAshley said...

What great yarn cutters. I just bought a clover brand pendant one from a local craft store but yours is way better. And a great way to support other crafters! Great idea for the bible cover. I would have been at a loss if I were you. But you always seem to prevail. It looks very nice great job!