Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cathedral Rose progress

I started this bad boy during the Superbowl and after a few days, have finished section one! Woot!



Instead of making 8 separate triangles and sewing them on, I used a suggestion to just crochet around the pentagons, which made it must faster and easier! I found the suggestion and directions at the Crochet-Along at Crochetville. Let me tell you, there are some great tips and tricks there that make life alot easier.

I'm really loving the way the colors are working together so far, though they are a little hard to photograph. I have high hopes that I can finish this by the end of the year. :)

Oh yeah, I finally washed out my hair to see just how short it was. I'd like to introduce myself as the first female member of Menudo. My hair looks like the one in the middle.


Hey, if the hair fits, right? (anyone else amused the the curly bang on the one in the lower right hand corner? LOL)

12 comments:

Caroline said...

OMG!!! Menudo! Love 'em!!! Now you know how old I am!!!LOL

Laurah said...

Aw, sorry to hear about the unfortunate 'Menudo' cut. And very curly hair takes ages to grow out, doesn't it? Do you ever use a straightener? Sorry, my comments aren't very encouraging!
Um, moving on, the cathedral center looks great! I am so excited to see you piece this together. Even by itself this blanket is a mammoth project. Plus there's all the corrections and tips and what not. The colors look really great at this point. Hope the double thickness Babysoft is blending in well with the RHSS!

Mimi said...

The afghan is looking wonderful!
The hair doesn't look bad in the photo...I envy thick hair!

Bezzie said...

Wow, you're fast! I love Cathedral Rose as a quilt pattern, I'm curious to see it crocheted.

Hee hee, Menudo.

Karen said...

I LOVED watching Menudo on tv as a kid. They were awesome....for the 80's. :)

CraftyAshley said...

He He! You are so funny! But you have a much prettier face. Maybe wear your hair up into a pony tail if it will reach and buy some of those fake hair thingies you wrap around your pony tail. Sorry hopes it grows fast!
Your blanket is looking good. I can't wait to see it keep growing. Make sure to water it every night and plenty of sunshine. lol Have a great day!

Lesalicious said...

Awwww snap a picture I don't think your hair is that bad. Loving the progress on the cathdral rose can't wait to see it when you is totally done I know it is going to look oh so lovely:)

Laura said...

Ha, ha, Menudo! I guess I'm old too, because I sure remember them!

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear about your hair! At least now you know not to go back to that hairstylist again. I went through the same thing when I was a freshman in high school - I (stupidly) let one of my "friends" cut my hair and it ended up so bad, that I had to get most of my hair cut off at the salon. I spent an entire summer looking like a boy. My mom still has an embarrasing picture of me with my hair that short. Luckily my hair grows very fast (although it drives me nuts now, because I color my hair, and I end up having roots showing with 3 weeks afte coloring it), and it was about chin-length by the time school started back up in the fall. I won't cut my hair short any more. I like it at least long enough to be able to put into a ponytail. Here's hoping your hair grows back soon!

The afghan looks very pretty so far - you're one fast crocheter!

Dragonflymom said...

I love Menudo............Ricky Martin and my favorite member, Ray Reyes

River Glorious said...

Menudo, ea rayo! :) Yo me acuerdo de Menudo, yo veía el programa y mi favorito era Ricky.

Nice crochet, by the way. ;)

Anonymous said...

All so Handsome!

Anonymous said...

All so Handsome!