Friday, February 1, 2008

Score!

I'm not talking about football either!!

I got a 50% off coupon from my bookstore and scored the Crochet Stitch Bible. I've been wanting this for awhile, but couldn't justify spending 30 washingtons on it. But I got it for half price...woooo! Love a deal! I think I skipped home!



Talk about making my Friday sweet...on top of scoring the book, I got my swap in the mail! Sabrina sent me a really cute angel dishcloth and an awesome plastic bag holder. I love it! Thanks Sabrina!



Now that my swap partner has received her package, I can show you what I sent!



I've never made dishcloths before, so this was all new to me. Thought you might want links to patterns, so here you go.

The pineapple dishcloth pattern can be found here. It looks hard but is very simple and with my new pineapple obsession, I love this one!

The star dishcloth was found here.

The strawberry pattern is here. These come out so cute!

The towel topper pattern is here. This was a no sew and removable towel topper which will make washing very easy!

The doll dress potholders pattern is from Shadylane. You need to register but its worth it. There are some great patterns here.

I crocheted right into the metal scrubbie using a pattern from a leaflet called Kitchen Helpers by Leisure Arts. I left off the leaves because I didn't have green cotton, but I still like the way it looks. Easy and fun to do!
I also sent some lavendar scent and utensils. I had so much fun with this swap, I can't wait for the next one!

7 comments:

Zarah said...

I *love* my Crochet Stitch Bible. My mom got it along with the Knit Stitch Bible at a book sale at work. I think she only intended to give me the Knit one but I "accidentally" ended up with both ;) I hope you love yours, too!

Laurah said...

Thank God you posted something! It seems like everybody is down for the count today and I was really craving some new crochet entries. Not that I've updated my blog either...
I've tried the star and pineapple dishcloths before and I couldn't figure them out. The star one was too complicated for me at the time (very new to pattern reading) and the pineapple one I chained 2 instead of three and it turned out like a bowl.
I've always wanted to try the whole crochet around a scrubbie thing. Reminds me that I should add that pattern to my Ravelry queue. I don't have any cotton at the moment though.
What a great coupon purchase! You can never have too many stitch dictionaries, especially at half off!
I love all the swap stuff. How funny that you both made angel dishcloths! Makes me excited to get in on the "All About Hearts" theme!

CraftyAshley said...

Hey Christina! You did a great swap! Touchdown with the book! I might be sitting this swap out but I will cheering you all on from the sideline. Go Team! Have a great day!

Lesalicious said...

Wonderful swap love the things you sent Sabrina. I also love the Crochet Stitch Bible book to get more and more stitch.:)happy crocheting.

Laura said...

That's awesome about the book! I've been meaning to get one of those crochet stitch bibles too. I love all the kitchen stuff, and the utensils are too cute! I had an apple-themed kitchen for years until I bought my 50's look table set, and redid it in a 50's theme.

Anonymous said...

That's such a great book! I got mine recently as well. :-)
Those swap packages look great, and thanks for those links, :-)

Anonymous said...

I love my Crochet Stitch Bible as well! It is so nice to have when I want to design something!