Tuesday, February 26, 2008

All about hearts swap

My swap partner, Zarah received her swap, so I can show you what I made.

There's a filet heart shawl, heart scarf, fairy, candles, heart covered stuffed animal, heart tin, heart box, a heart cookie and a beating heart (you pull a string adn it vibrates...I found this uber amusing for some reason, ha!).

The heart scarf pattern is from Cocoa Cream's Craft Closet. I really like her blog!



Here's a closeup of the fairy I made. The pattern is from Kristie's Kids. I've mentioned it before, but its worth saying again, I love her patterns. My fairy doesn't look anything like hers, but I think she's cute none-the-less.



Here's the heart shawl I made. Its a bit hard to see the filet pattern, but its very pretty! If you click on the pic to make it larger, you'll be able to see the pattern better. I got the pattern from Sandi Marshall at crochet.about. This was very easy and very fast! I'd say it practically crocheted itself.

The only difficult part for me was following the small squares on the chart. My vision is pretty crap-tastic, so that was a challenge. I found that making a copy of the graph and crossing out each row I finished really helped.

*WARNING* FLAT BUTT AHEAD



I warned you!

10 comments:

Laurah said...

That fairy is so adorable! I like her rosy cheeks and mary jane shoes.
The heart scarf is really pretty too with all those nice colors. Looks like a great way to use up some extra yarn.
The shawl is very beautiful. Makes me want to start another shawl before I finish the blue doily shawl. One pattern at a time...

Laura said...

Wow, everything you made is gorgeous! You amaze me with how fast you crochet! I wish I could follow charts like the one for the shawl. : (

P.S. Your hair looks fine - it's not too short! : )

Bezzie said...

I love that scarf! And I want a flat butt!

Anonymous said...

don't worry Chris, flat butts are so in! or at least thats what I try and tell my self :) As always, what a great job on the scarf, the doll and the shawl! I couldn't follow that chart to save my life. What a great job!! Anony Joyce

CraftyAshley said...

Your package is great! Your such a great gal! You make such pretty stuff! Your fairy is so cute! Your heart scarf is the best! And your shawl is gorgeous! Love it, Love it, Love it!

Lesalicious said...

Love all the things you sent to Zarah great job. Oh so love the shawl. :)

Maria said...

Those are really wonderful gifts!
The shawl is lovely, you are so patient with filet. I haven't made any because the graphs make me dizzy.

Subway Hooker said...

Great work! I love the shawl! How in the world do you have time for all those projects? Wait - I know - you have perfected the crochet-while-standing-in-the-subway pose! You must share your secret!

Dragonflymom said...

oh wow, gorgeous stuff............you put me to shame girl!! I love seeing the stuff you make.

Anonymous said...

You make beautiful shawls!

Blue Ridge Mountain Girl