Monday, February 15, 2010

Crochet Calorimetry

Remember this scarf I made a few months ago? The co-worker who took this scarf home asked if I could make a headband like the ones the street vendors sell that have the giant flowers on them. I told her I couldn't make one exactly like those, but I could make something similar.

Since the scarf she has is crocheted, I wanted to crochet a headband to match. The Crochet Calorimetry pattern seemed like a good match.

Except, I forgot one teeny, tiny detail. The pattern used ww yarn, while I was using Homespun, which is bulky. The headband came out to be waaaay too big.

So, rather than re-do the whole thing, I improvised. I folded the giant headband in half and whipstitched it closed. Perfect solution because it fits just right now.



The giant flower is from yarncat and can be found HERE.



My poor Heady is looking awfully pale. Guess she can't wait for spring either. :)

1 comment:

Kristina P. said...

I love the hat! It's so chic!