Monday, February 1, 2010

Baby Cocoon

Andrea from Knits and Knots created a great baby cocoon pattern as a prop for her friend's photography business. She asked me to test it for her and I was more than happy to do so!

I used Lion Brand Homespun and an N hook, as suggested in the pattern. How cute and snuggly does that look? I want one in adult sizes! :)



My gauge is really off because I crochet so tightly. This cocoon is just big enough to fit one of Pi's teddy bears. I'll make sure to use a larger hook when I make another one.



I finished it while watching a movie, so its a great last minute gift. There are oodles of people I know having babies now, so I'll definitely be adding this to my shower presents.
Thanks for letting me test, Andrea!
In other news, Week 4 was a 1.7 pound loss, so I'm back to where I was two weeks ago.
January total loss: 6.3 pounds!

5 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

congrats on the weight loss :)

Your cocoon turned out so great, glad you like it, and thanks again for testing!

Karen said...

Very cute!

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm at almost 10 pounds!

Bezzie said...

It's cute! Those coccoons are a godsend to us swaddling-disabled.

kado! said...

that is the coolest freakin' thing I've seen!!!

If i ever have another baby then I want one!!!!

Laura said...

Good for you with the weight loss, and great job with the cocoon!