Sunday, February 7, 2010

Owl make my notebook pretty!

There's a whole stack of black and neon pink felt left over from Pi's Halloween costume. Its been sitting under my sewing table, challenging me to find a use for it.

When I saw THIS tutorial over at CraftStylish, I knew I wanted to try a variation of it on this little notebook. Its a 5.5 x 3.5 pocket sized notebook that I've been keeping track of my calories in.



I'm not a big fan of the buttons, so I played around with scraps of red, green, and white felt and came up with this.



I got to practice a little embroidery and a blanket stitch around the edges too. I love it!




Very quick project...it took me just an evening in front of the tv.

The neon pink felt is feeling a little lonely, but I'll find a use for it yet!

8 comments:

Caroline said...

What a darling project! Love the embroidery details!

Andrea Moberly said...

That is so cute, Christina! Ok, ok, I'll have to get an embroidery book next!

Ghost said...

how clever

Snap said...

Christina, That is so cool! I love Owls and notebooks! Perfect!

Kristina P. said...

Seriously, that is one of the cutest things I have seen!

Laura said...

How cute! My daughter loves to collect journals, and diaries, and fancy notebooks, so she would just love that one. Looks like you're getting quite prolific with all the crafts - first crocheting, then knitting and sewing, and now embroidery too!

kado! said...

totally cute!

Cami said...

Can you tell I'm just catching up on your blog since I've been away? Anyway, I love this! Super cute. What a great idea to spice up a notebook.