Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Today is Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of Lent.

This season is really important for Catholics, spiritually. I use this time to try and bring myself closer to God through more prayer and fasting.

We give up something that we're attached to for 40 days and also abstain from meat today and every Friday during Lent.

Broccoli and liver made a run for most loved foods, but sadly, they didn't make the cut this time. In the end, it was a heated internal debate between coffee and chocolate. If I'm going to be totally honest with myself, coffee is definitely much harder for me to give up.

So, I'm going to go with the major challenge and kicking coffee for the next 40 days.



No, I'm not crying.....yet!

8 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

wow... giving up coffee! That's quite a sacrifice - good for you! I pray this season of Lent brings you closer to God.

melicity said...

You are a much stronger woman than I am! :)

Snap said...

Brave woman! You'll do it and then find out you really don't need it! (I hope!)

Kristina P. said...

I am giving up Lent for Lent. :)

Karen said...

The last time I gave up something for Lent it was soda. I was off of soda for over 2 years. You can do it Christina! I know you're strong!

Caroline said...

You go girl!

T. Joi said...

I am praying with you. No coffee? Ouch. How are you this morning?

Laura said...

Good luck with the giving up coffee! I'm not a coffee drinker (although I do like the smell of fresh coffee - strange, I know!), but I'm about as addicted to Diet Coke as most people are to coffee. If I had to give up my Diet Cokes, I don't know what I'd do!