Monday, May 25, 2009

The toy parade marches on.

I'm super happy with the 3rd toy for Kristie's toy drive. Its the Knit Owl pattern by Amy Gaines. I saw it on Ravelry and just had to try it. It definitely took longer than a crochet toy, but I love the feel of the different fabric the knit stitches make.



The owl isn't exactly like the picture on the pattern, but I love him. A lot. I almost want to keep him. Pi is a fan too. She slyly mentioned how this owl "could be her newest best friend." LOL Perfect excuse to make another one after the toy drive.

Hope everyone's having a nice Memorial Day!

8 comments:

Caroline said...

OMG Christina! What a darling owl! You're knit skills are certainly coming on strong! I'm going to have to get back into Ravelry if there's that many cute patterns. I gave up on it a year ago, to steep of a learning curve. Any suggestions?

Snap said...

The owl is wonderful ... so cute ... and using up the scrap yarn! (Owls are one of my favorite things ... may I get in line after Pi? !!!!!!!!!)

Kristina P. said...

You really just make the cutest things!

Andrea Moberly said...

super cute :) I love owls!

Bezzie said...

You've taken to knitting like an owl takes to devouring mice! Very cute!

Laura said...

Oh wow, is that owl adorable! I love the colors, and your knitting is really coming along! Pi's comment was too funny - I guess you'll have to get started on another one, for her.

Ally said...

So cute, I want one too! ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute! I really wanna learn to knit. You've gotten pretty good.