Monday, May 5, 2008

Traveling Hook III

The Traveling Hook III arrived at my house last week all the way from Canada, eh! I first gave it to my friend Desiree, who made 4 squares and then I had it for 5 days and made 10 more.

I think the hook enjoyed its visit to NY. Here's the hook gazing at the view from work. The cloesest bridge is the Brooklyn Bridge, the second one is the Manhattan Bridge, and the third one is the Williamsburg Bridge.



I originally tried to put in a slideshow or some kind of collage here to make this more compact, but it didn't work. Its my figgy brain I'm sure. See what happens when I don't have coffee? So I apologize, but you'll have to suffer through the 14 separate pictures.





















These 4 were made by Desi







All of the patterns were found at crochetpatterncentral. This was alot of fun for a great cause!

Some personal notes:
Joyce, I forgot to bring the book home to get a pic of the shawl I want to make. I'll post it soon, I promise!

Caroline, I received your package today and its wonderful! I'll post pics in the next day or two! Thank you!

8 comments:

Zarah said...

What a lucky hook! It got to see some great views AND hang out with you! I'm jealous!

CraftyAshley said...

Wow those are all beautiful. I love the tan and dark red one. Thanks for the nice baby vibes my way! lol I will let you know as soon as I find out what it is. Can't wait to see your next post!

Laura said...

What beautiful squares! I love the pink ones, especially the one that looks like a flower in the middle. What brand of yarn is the pink?

Mimi said...

Wonderful view from your workplace!
Lovely squares, I made one of those last year with WW yarn, and it was a 12" square.

Jimbo said...

holey cow what a view! I'd spend the day just gazing and daydreaming. Wait a minit. That's what i do now WITHOUT the view!
Beautiful work too!! Thanks for what you're doing, Christina!
Jealous of his hook
Jimbo

Laurah said...

Those circle motif squares are so pretty! I'll have to try that out. The first two with the pink and blak are fun, too.
Have fun with the traveling hook! Love the picture with the view (what a view!).

Anonymous said...

look at all the grannies?! I love it, they are so pretty! Ahh that view is not all is cracked up to be, I mean I wouldn't miss it if I had it and then it went away to New Jersey ;) Ok, don't forget a pic of the shawl! I want to see! did you start it?? Anony Joyce

Anonymous said...

I envy that hook. I wanna visit New York too! :-)