Thursday, May 1, 2008

Swap Swap Gals Purse Swap

My Swap partner, Lesa, confirmed that she got the swap package I sent her in the mail, so its safe to show now.

The theme was purses. I really enjoyed this swap, as I tried a few things I might not have otherwise given a go.

Here's a pic of what I sent...in addition to the 2 purses I sent a bag of chocolate candy (not pictured here), 2 crochet dolls with stickers for Nellie and Nesa, a set of purse handles, a skein of Lion Brandy Lofty, and a tear off of purse patterns.



The purse done in Patons Classic Merino Wool in the color rosewood is the Chic on the Halfshell purse by The Crochet Dude. Its the perfect size for a set of keys, cell phone, and small wallet.

This green purse is the Honeycomb purse from Joanns.com. Although you can't really tell in the picture, the handles are white with a marble finish.



The downside is that its the most poorly written pattern ever! If not for some serious help from AmyS over at Crochetville, it might not have been finished. My honeycomb pattern isn't as neat as the picture in the pattern, but I'm proud that I managed to get through it!



Here's the lining of the Chic on the Halfshell purse. Definitely a challenge due to the shape but I'm very glad I lined it!



If anyone's interested, the pattern to the small dolls are here.

Other than that, not much else is going on. Its still raining here in bklyn, so no sign of bees. Work has been nuts and tomorrow will be no exception.

A cool thing for you Law and Order fans...they're filming at my job tomorrow. They've been filming there a few times a year and this is the second time they're back this month. We've had various films crews in and out, like the Nanny Diaries. I'm pretty sure its because the view of Manhattan from the bosses office is sweet. While I'm babbling about movies and famous people, I should mention that Erin Brokovich came to our Christmas party. Due to one of the things we sue for, she sometimes flies in and gives assistance.

Ok, I'm babbling now and I'm sure its due to being over-tired. Time for me to crash.

11 comments:

Bezzie said...

I love the shapes of those purses!

Laura said...

The purses are beautiful, especially the green one! I love the little dolls too.

Very cool about Law & Order! I prefer the true crime shows, but that's really cool that a TV show came to your office to film. Did you get in as an extra on any of the shots?

I've seen the Erin Brockovich movie, and really liked it - how cool that you got to meet her. Your job sounds pretty interesting.

Laura said...

P.S. I have a book called "Simple Crochet" that I got from the library and it has a pattern for a mesh bag crocheted out of neon hardware store twine (just what you bought!). I thought about you when I saw it!

Lesalicious said...

Thanks a bunch Christina I totally love them both. You did great with the lining. My girls love the little dolls and stickers thanks.:)

Anonymous said...

Great swap pkg. you put together! I love that stitch on the purse, I may try it one day. I am a huge fan of law and Order, that is really cool.

Laurah said...

That's so neat about the Law and Order filming! I saw the Nanny Diaries, but as I was crocheting through the whole thing I don't recall an office.
The honeycomb purse turned out really nice! Love that green. I had considered making the purse, since the botton stitch design is really interesting. That's too bad that the pattern was annoying - especially on a time limit! Cute little dolls, too and the other purse is the Chic on the Half Shell? Nice!

Cami said...

Wow, that green purse is adorable. It looks like a lot of work. I am not very good with cables. Nice job.

CraftyAshley said...

Those are some neat purses! It sure it nice to see your unique purses when I've been spitting out the same purses it seems like forever. Great job nice work!

Crafty Christina said...

Hey guys! No, I've never been an extra. I usually try to avoid the whole thing because its always crazy with all those people. The scene in the Nanny Diaries that was filmed in my office is when the dad is in his office during the Christmas party. My job really isn't that interesting, but once in awhile, we'll get to see something fun.

Caroline said...

Hola Christina! Sorry I have been out of touch! You're package is inthe mail today. I sent it priority mail so It should at the most be 3 days! Yipppeee! Check put my blog to see why I was MIA again!

Nikki said...

Man. I miss all the interesting stuff. XD

<3