Thursday, May 22, 2008

Keep swimming

I'm feeling pretty good today. My ankle is ok to walk on and I finally finished my 22 day period. Yeah you read that right...22 friggin days. Mr. Ob/Gyn will be hearing from me soon. I also went back to work yesterday, even though my ankle isn't totally healed. Keep swimming, right?

Anyhoo, I spent most of Monday and Tuesday in bed crocheting. I filled in a few of the peaks and valleys from the Cathedral Rose Window. Not enough to get excited over...its slow going at this point.

I worked on more daisy squares for the twin's Christmas afghans. I've finished 63 squares. Only 17 to go! There's a light at the end of the tunnel! Woot!

I also finished up May's charity squares for a women's shelter. I was determined to only use scrap yarn and partial skeins left over from previous projects. Trying to bust the stash and it worked! None of these 6" squares was made from a new skein of yarn...which also explains some of the funky color combos.



There's a bud on my tomato plant! I've been so worried because we've had so much rain, but it looks like the tomato plant is a trooper.

Bezzie, yep those are huge snaps on the table. They're going to be my experiment with purse closures. I bought the sew in ones because they're cheaper. You get 4 pairs for just under 2 bucks compared to almost 5 bucks for 1 magnetic closure.

Thanks for the knitting tips everyone! I'm going to see if the library has some of those dvds and books. When I get some alone time, I'm going to try!

7 comments:

Bezzie said...

I love the squares. I dig the funky color combos!

I used one of those huge snaps on my car trash bag--I like 'em!

Laura said...

I agree - the color combos are great!

I hear you on the "monthly mess", LOL! Mine last anywhere from two to two and a half weeks. Every month. : ( It must be hereditary, because my mother and all of my sisters (strangely, even my adopted sister) have had menstrual problems. I went off the pills when my husband had the vasectomy, but I need to get back on them just to control the nasty bleeding. It's definitely on my list of things to do when I find another job (no medical insurance right now).

I'm glad your ankle is feeling better though!

Here in Cleveland, I can go online to the Cleveland Public Library website, login in with my library card number, and place holds on books and DVDs. I get them sent right to my suburban library to pick up at the checkout desk. It saves a lot of time compared having to go to the library and search through shelves for books (a long time ago I worked as a library "page" shelving books all day, so I know how where to find what I need, but I still hate doing it!). I would imagine you can do the same thing with your library system there in NYC.

Lesalicious said...

Loving the squares and of course the colors go so well together. Glad to hear your ankle is doing ok. Oh by the way I got the IUD to help with my you know what so I do go months at a time without that time of month. Also no more babies for me lol. :) keep on crocheting.

Laurah said...

Cute squares! It does feel nice to use up some stash yarn for a good cause. I guess it is a good idea to use up some of the straggerlers before starting on all those skeins from Smiley's! Glad to hear the ankle is better!

Anonymous said...

Oh, cool on the snaps! I would love to find some kinda purse stuff, so I can practice for Swap Swap Gals.

Anonymous said...

Cool squares! I think I need to do some stash busting myself. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the squares, Chris! The colors all look great together! Anony Joyce