Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Cow

I knew it'd been a few days since I'd last blogged but I hadn't realized it was since Monday! Its not that I haven't been working on things...because I have been...but because I just haven't found the opportunity to sit my butt in this chair and get an entry in. The week has been busy...you know how that goes.

One of the things I did this week was to test the Happy Cow pattern for Sanda at Crochetville. The pattern is easy and very well written. Sanda also included lots of instructional photos, which are great for ami newbies. If I may say so myself, I think he's pretty darn cute.



Cow butt! :X



Look at my grape tomato plant! It hasn't died yet....forget dying, its blooming! Hopefully it will bear fruit in the next month or so. Much of that can be credited to the fact the hubby takes care of it instead of me. I'm sure it would have gone to Pot Garden Heaven if it'd been in my care.



My basil plant is also taking off and smells SOOO good.

Oh yeah, I wanted to tell you guys about the oopsie I made at work this week. I called a hospital to ask for some documents we needed for a case I'm working on. The man who picked up the phone was very polite. He asked me if I was calling from a law firm. Now, when dealing with work related stuff, I try to be polite and say "yes sir" or "yes ma'am." So I answered the question with a "yes sir." After a long pause, I was informed that "his" name was Cassandra. :X Oops!

How much do you want to bet those documents I need will be burned to a crisp?

15 comments:

Karen said...

That cow is adorable!!

That ooopsie....when hubby and I first moved in together, we got some solicitation call, some person selling magazines. Tried to get hubby to buy all these men's mags. I heard hubby say, "why are you trying to sell me men's mags, I'm a woman! I know I have a deep voice, but it's a smoker's voice!" LMAO

Andrea Moberly said...

Man, that cow is so cute! So much better than the one I made up :( Too bad I didn't test it for her too, then I would have killed two birds with one stone! Oh well...

Speaking of voices over the phone, I remember one time when I was a kid trying to convince a telemarketer that I was my mom and that I wasn't interested in whatever he was selling - he wasn't convinced!

Bezzie said...

He's cute!!

Good luck getting your documents. There was a woman that did the auto-message at the county court where I'd have to call all the time. She sounded like a phone sex operator! Imagine how hard I laughed when one day she actually answered an extension I was calling!

Laurah said...

Cute cow! The horms are a nice touch and I like the tail, too.
That story about the woMAN is too funny. I also make calls for my job and I like to say sir or ma'am, too. I try not say it unless I have their names or I'm 98% positive of their gender. Sometimes it's hard to tell, though and I defintely have made that mistake before!

Lesalicious said...

WOW mistake mistake she probably was told that she had a man voice I have had that probably myself with people calling and I made a mistake by saying yes, ma'am to who I thought was a woman but, was a man yikes!!!! Hope by Monday everything will be cleared up there. But, so loving the cow cute. :)

Laura said...

I agree, the cow is adorable! Great job!

That's a good sign that your tomato plant is blooming - that means it'll start bearing fruit soon. I had a cherry tomato plant growing on my sunporch a few years ago, but every time it grew tomatoes, my son (he was 2 at the time) would pull them off before they could get ripe.

Too funny about the phone call, but perfectly understandable! I used to have to call church staff at my last job, and it was hard when a person would have a "gender-neutral" name. I'd end up having to ask for the person by their first and last name rather than saying "Mr. Smith" or "Ms. Smith".

Speaking of solicitation calls, my youngest sister used to live in a high rise apartment complex, and a lady called to try to sell her replacement windows. She told the lady, "I live in an apartment", and the lady said "Well, you can take them with you when you move". Ha, ha!

Anonymous said...

I love the cow!!!! It is adorable. And, our basil is just about eaten already! LOL!

Anonymous said...

lol Cassandra must have wanted to slap you through the phone! lmao! I've had that happen to me once when I had a cold, so atleast I had an excuse. :-)

That cow is sooo cute, and I just love his butt! ;-)

Caroline said...

The cow is darling! You have a knack for ami's too! My daughter's friends think I'm her and visa-versa. We stumped a lot of people that way.

Dragonflymom said...

Adorable Cow!! Great job

Mimi said...

Cute little cow! I like the back view a lot ;)

Anonymous said...

yes sir, i mean maam, i mean it.... hahaha!! i love it!!! anony Joyce

Cami said...

I love the cow and his big black spots! You are so talented with these. I know kids love toys like these to play with, but I still need practice before I can make more.

Nikki said...

Adorable cow. :D

Also, Kevin was on the phone with Apple Support this week and they kept calling him ma'am. XD

<3

artemisa said...

Send me for mail the patterns of caw please. Sorry a don't speak English