Monday, June 22, 2009

Ribbit Ribbit

Its a frog filled day around here!

I just found out that my Big Headed Frog Pattern will be in the 2010 Crochet Pattern a Day Calendar. I've never been published, so that's pretty neat.



Its also funny that I found out today because if the ami for the toy drive that I just finished up. How cute is this guy? He's way bigger than I expected him to be. You can easily stick him in a baby carriage and doll clothes because of his size. I think my favorite part about him is the curly arms and legs. Gives him character.



He's done with a G hook and Carol pounders in 2 shades of green.

I have no idea what booklet he is from. It was an old and beat up when given to me. The covers are gone, as are some of the titles of the toys. There is a lion in that book named Laurie the Lion. Maybe that will help narrow down what booklet it is, if anyone needs to know.

So, I need a little help. Like I mentioned before, the kid is having a birthday party in mid July. I want to make cute favors for the kids that are coming to the party, but don't know what. I want to do a little more than the average candy bag. Any ideas?

10 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

How exciting - your first publication! Congrats :)

The other frog is a cutie too. I'm glad to know you finished up the toy drive. That's another accomplishment!

Snap said...

Congratulations on your first publication! Wonderful frog ... both of them!

Kristina P. said...

Your little creatures are just so darn cute!

Karen said...

Congrats! The frogs are cute!

Favors...do something 4th of July themed? Or beach themed. I hate the gobs of candy that come in goody bags, so when I do mine, mine are full of little toys (Oct birthday, so Halloween themed, rubber bats, rats, snakes, etc). See what Party City has in the way of beachy themed stuff...maybe cheap buckets and flip flops?

kado! said...

Congrats on the frog being published...it is really cute!

My favorite party favor that I have made so far...was for my oldest 5th birthday...(and I did it again for my youngest 1st) I bought t-shirts (you can get them at michaels) in the same color as the party and stamped them with the #5 with t-shirt paint....on my youngest...I stamped the word "one" in those shirts! I rolled up the shirts and tied them up with other favors...the guests loved them and I love how they can be used over and over!!
hope this idea works for you!

Laura said...

Congratulations on getting your pattern published! That frog is cute! I like Karen's and Cadance's ideas for the party favors. I don't have any suggestions myself other than maybe checking out Oriental Trading Company's website, and seeing if they have any bowling-themed party favors.

Caroline said...

Congratlations Christina! It is a very cute and worthy design to be published, I bet you'll get lots of great feedback!

Dragonflymom said...

oh wow first off Congratulations, you deserve it...Frogs are adorable. I still have the big headed one. Anyway do you know how many girls/boys will be there? Maybe try to do bags related to girls, and ones related to boys....you can make a sports theme bag from felt for the boys, or some sort of "boy" thing, fill it with boy stuff. Girl bag for the girls....I wish I could be more help, but that is all I can really think of.

Cami said...

Wow, congrats! Published! That is so exciting. And the frogs are super cute.

Mimi said...

Congrats Christina! I saw your frog at the back of the Crochet Calendar box, and recognized it right away. I received my contributors copy today, what a thrill :)