Friday, September 12, 2008

Logically speaking

What does one do while they are excitedly waiting for their first sewing lesson?

Crochet a tomato pincushion, logically! This is the tomato pincushion pattern in the May 2008 Crochet Today magazine. I used a very small amount of Caron pouder in red and RHSS in green. The pincushion worked up really quickly...in about an hour.



I also walked to a fabric store on my lunch break to pick up some fabric for my first class. There was a 75% off clearance rack with pre-cut stacks of fabric that I couldn't resist.



There are 2 yards of the striped fabric and it was originally marked as $22. I paid $5.50 for it. There are 2.5 yards of the dark blue fabric and it was originally marked as $10. I paid $2.50 for it. Four and a half yards of fabric for $7.50 doesn't sound bad to me, though I don't have much experience in the fabric department.
Tomorrow are sewing lessons! Woot woot!

9 comments:

Bezzie said...

Cute tomato! And good luck with the lessons!

Andrea Moberly said...

hehe cute :) If I saw one of those growing on MY tomato vine I'd bring it in for the winter and open a business!

Cami said...

Yay for sewing and fabirc! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see what you make. I also love the tomato. Super cute.

Anonymous said...

good luck tomorrow with the lesson! I am sure you are a natural! Anony Joyce

Lesalicious said...

Love the pincushion very cute. As you get the hand of sewing you will totally get the understanding of a bargin when you see it. Great job on the fabrics you choose can't wait to see what you whip up in the sewing department.:) Good luck.

Laura said...

Very cute! I like how you put it on the tomato plant to take a picture.

Good luck with the sewing lessons! I can't wait to have a chance to take some myself.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I am sure you will enjoy the lessons, then you will get addicted like Lesa!

Mimi said...

Love that tomato pincushion! Looking forward to see sewing projects, but hopefully more crochet projects too ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the tomato! Probably the only type I'd ever be able to grow. lol

Great fabric bargain. Good luck with the sewing lessons, you'll do great!