Monday, November 23, 2009

A little of this, a little of that.

Can you believe Thanksgiving is this week? Holy cow, that was fast! It feels like Thanksgiving really snuck up on me this year. I had a whole stack of projects that I wanted to try, but am pretty much out of time.

One project that did get finished was a new table setting. I found this really goofy fabric at a local fabric store by my job and just had to have it. Since Pi wouldn't even entertain the idea of a turkey fabric skirt, the place settings were the next best thing.



The setting consists of a placemat (pattern here), cloth napkins (pattern here), coaster (pattern here), and a napkin ring (pattern here). It didn't take very long and I got to practice my binding.

I'm especially fond of the napkin rings because its much easier than it looks and you can recycle a cardboard ring from your plastic wrap. Talk about low cost material!

There's also been baking, lots and lots of it. My jeans are getting snug. But this is not a problem to think about the week of Thanksgiving. I'm sure I've got some sweatpants somewhere. heh.


Blueberry muffins and caramel brownies

To confirm that I'm completely out of mind, I started THIS quilted advent calendar. Nevermind that I've never appliqued or made sashing or free motion quilted. Ummm....yeah....totally over my head.



Man, I love a challenge!

I don't think I ever shared the brownie recipe. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll post it. They taste as if you spent forever on them, but are super simple. Definitely a crowd pleaser!

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Definitely post the recipe! And I really would love to find a cool advent calendar.

Dragonflymom said...

Yes I would love the recipe. I love the new projects

Laura said...

Wow, where do find the time for all of that sewing and baking?! The table set is really cute, by the way!

Kaye said...

Awww...you shoulda made yourself a turkey skirt! Hee hee! But I like the placemats too!

kado! said...

Mmmm...i'd love to know how to make the brownies!

You have been busy...love all your projects!

Snap said...

You are busy! Love the fabric for Thanksgiving. Giggled when Pi wasn't interested in a skirt! Recipe -- you know we want recipes!

Cami said...

Super cute! And I can't wait to see your advent calendar. I wanted to make one this year, but there are just too many projects and not enough time.

Caroline said...

Love the placemats, what darling fabric. I wouldn't know where to start either with the advent calendar, I look forward to seeing it!!!