Friday, November 13, 2009

Eat, drink, and be happy.

In an effort to be green, my job gave everyone a coffee mug (conveniently branded with the company logo in case we happen to forget where we work, haha). There's not a paper cup to be seen in the entire office.

Granted, the mugs are really nice and they work really well for coffee. But for those of us that drink ice water most of the day, the mugs are a big pain in the badunk a dunk. The condensation that forms is really annoying and we end up using a paper towel under the mug to prevent water from getting all over our desks and documents, which totally screws up the whole green thing.

I saw THIS coaster pattern over at Crochet Cami. My last attempt at coasters was a big old bust, so I wasn't holding my breath on this one either. Thankfully, the pattern turned out to be pretty simple and I whipped out six of them for myself and some of my co-workers, using left over fabric from the wall hangings I made.



Nothing goes better with coffee than coffee cake. I saw THIS pattern over at CookNKnit and had to try it. I used pecans instead of oatmeal and it turned out amazing. It may have been the best thing I ever baked.



Take a closer look. Yummmmm!!!



*drool*



I made this cake about 2 weeks ago and forgot to upload the pics. Just looking at them makes me want to bake this again, right now!

P.S. - Ally, I'm definitely going to be making banana bread for Thanksgiving. Its become a family favorite around here!

12 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

I love the coasters - simple yet elegant! Your co-workers are lucky :)

Snap said...

Wonderful coasters and great recycling -- using up your fabric stash. You'll be a hit at the office! And the coffee cake ... looks delicious! Thanks for the links,too!

Cami said...

Yay! You made some coasters! Super easy right? And fantastic to use? Don't you just love them? I do! Cute fabric by the way!

Kristina P. said...

My gosh! That cake looks amazing!

Karen said...

I'm thinking I need a coaster at work. Thanks for the link!

And the cake looks fab!

Bezzie said...

YUM! Enablers the both of you!

I've got a collection of those work logo mugs. It's sad.

I dig the coasters--I might have to rip that idea off!

Laura said...

Cute coasters! I agree that your coworkers are lucky! That coffee cake looks delicious! I love coffee cake (one of the few non-chocolate sweets I like), but I can't eat nuts. : (

Anonymous said...

Cute! I'm going to have to make some of these for gifts. I love the fabric you used. What did you have your stich on for the quilting, if you remember? i like how long each stich is?

Caroline said...

Looks sabroso! Off to try right now!

Dragonflymom said...

That looks so yummy! I like the coasters too.

Mimi said...

Love the coasters!!!
The cake looks yummy...I love coffee cakes :D
btw, I have read patterns for knit/crochet being called recipes, but not recipes for cooking/baking being called patterns...hehe

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.