Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy (belated) Halloween!

I wasn't sure if Pi was going to be able to do Halloween this year. She had a nasty stomach bug on Friday, was sent home from school and was throwing up all day. Luckily, after a 6 hour nap, she woke up feeling much better.

For the end of October, the weather was very warm yesterday. It rained off and on but that didn't stop the neighborhood kids from trick or treating.

Pi was dressed as a 50's girl. I made her costume, using THIS tutorial and pink felt for the skirt and some iron on poodles from the fabric store. Finding ruffle socks in an adult size was the biggest challenge of the entire costume.



Before we went trick or treating, we headed down to the town's pool complex, where a haunted house was set up. We went before 6, because that's when its for weenies. They say its for the 10 and under crowd. After that, they ramp up the craziness for the older kids.

Check out the line!

Pi and her friend held hands, just in case it was too scary. So cute!



I probably shouldn't have used my flash, but I did. Oh well!
There was a graveyard...



The Addams family (I think) watching tv...

and Frankenstein in the lab. He randomly sat up which got some of the kids freaked out, haha.


Then we went trick or treating. In a matter of only 3 blocks, Pi filled up both her pumpkin and a shopping bag full of candy.
Some houses had a "take your own" sign.


Other houses were elaborately decorated.


After the trick or treating, we went to a local house that goes nuts with their decorations and opens their doors to the neighborhood for a few hours. It was the last year they were going to do it, so we decided to go. I'm so glad we did because it was great. I left my camera in my neighbors car, because it was pouring by the time we got there. So no pics, but definitely fun.
After I eat Pi's candy, its time to start thinking turkeys...and birthdays, heehee!

7 comments:

Snap said...

Pi looks so cute and a pink pumpkin too! Well done you two! Your neighborhood looks like a great one for the holidays! Enjoy!

Kristina P. said...

She looks so great! I think I was a 50's girl when I was her age. I was obsessed with poodle skirts.

Bezzie said...

That's right! Day after TGiving Birthdays ROCK!!! Ha ha!

Cute costume! And is that a pink pumpkin too? Even better!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, I just LOVE Pi's costume! I'm crazy about 1950's stuff - I even have a retro-look 1950's kitchen table (red and white vinyl cushions on the chairs, and a chrome trimmed table). My kitchen is decorated in a 50's diner theme.

I've been trying to talk my daughter into a poodle skirt costume for years, but she doesn't like them. She likes 60's/hippie stuff. One year I'm just going to have to get my own poodle skirt costume for Halloween!

My daughter wore a hippie costume this year, and my son dressed like Harry Potter. I need to update my blog and post a picture of them in their costumes.

Karen said...

I don't like the "take your own" houses. Takes the fun out of seeing the kids all dressed up. Maybe that's just me.

I LOVE Pi's costume!

kado! said...

wow! so many fun things to do in your neighborhood!

Pi looked cute! love the outfit!

Dragonflymom said...

Pi looked so cute in her costume.....looks like she had fun.