Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving, part dos

I know you must be sick of looking at food, especially turkey, but humor me because I'm going to show you one more.

We were supposed to cook our free Shoprite turkey on Friday but it hadn't thawed enough, so we left it for Saturday. Hubby stuck it in the oven at a quarter to 1 and it was all done by 6. My mom lent me her meat thermometer, which made it a lot easier to tell when it was finished.



While hubby made stuffing for himself (Pi and I don't like it) and biscuits, I made the most friggin delicious garlic cheddar potatoes (there goes that modesty again). Its like a heart attack in a bowl.



I was going to make a pumpkin pie for hubby but he said he was in the mood for a mousse pie. I've never made mousse pie before, so I went to allrecipes.com and found this recipe. Super simple and fast to make, even though mine doesn't look as pretty as the one in the picture. If you make it, just start it way before you need it because it needs to chill for a few hours before its done. Hubby topped it with whipped cream and declared it a winner.



In between all that cooking, hooking has been going on. I tested the Sweet Baby Cradle Purse for a woman at Crochetville. She doesn't have the pattern available yet, so I apologize for not being able to link it.



The pattern includes the cradle purse, mattress pad, pillow, and blanket. It folds up into a girl sized purse. I made it red and white for Christmas, hoping I could hide it, but Pi saw it and seized it.



The long weekend has also been awesome for my mom's scrapghan. I'm nearly done with the body. I think I can have it done by tonight, then I'll weave in ends and add a border. The whole shebang should be done by next week which is a HUGE relief.

8 comments:

Bezzie said...

I'll have some potatoes with a side of mousse please! YUM!

Kristina P. said...

That pie looks delicious! I love Allrecipes.

Laura said...

I'm with you - I don't like stuffing, either. Don't kill me, but I don't like pies either - seriously! I don't like any kind of pie, not even chocolate ones, and I usually love anything chocolate.

I do love mashed potatoes though, and those look absolutely delicious!

The cradle purse is so cute - no wonder Pi snatched it!

Lesalicious said...

Loving the Thanksgiving feast you and your family had. Love the latest projects. WTG on your mom scrap-ghan off I go to get started back on my mom hexagon afghan.:)Good luck can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

LOL, Pi is silly!! That purse is adorable, you did an awesome job on it! I want to look at the mousse pie recipe, it looks extra yummy!!

Subway Hooker said...

Good Lord, girl, how DO you make the time???

And a belated happy, happy birthday filled with the many blessings you deserve.

All my love,

carol

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, I love heart attacks in bowls!

Anonymous said...

That's something I haven't tackled... a whole turkey. Last Christmas my husband bought a few turkey legs and wings and that was enough for us. Great job!! Also, I've enjoyed the allrecipes.com website that was linked on your post. I've signed up and have lots of recipes in my recipe box.