Monday, August 4, 2008

Sambuca Jacket

I started the Sambuca jacket about 2 weeks ago and its finally finished. It was actually finished last week except for the buttons. This jacket is by Doris Chan and is in the book Amazing Crochet Lace. Great pattern!

Please excuse the lack of makeup and 10 *cough20cough* pounds that have attached themselves to my body.

IMG_0205

I decided to make buttonholes and add buttons instead of just using a sweater clasp. You can see that I didn't place them evenly. Oops! Ask me if I care.

Christina, do you care?

Why no, no I don't! I'm leaving it the way it is.

IMG_0198

I used 10 balls of Jaeger Roma in the color Cloud. I added more repeats to the pattern to make the bottom and sleeves longer.

IMG_0202

So, my one year bloggiversary is coming up in September. I want to have a give away but am stumped as to what to have for a prize? A purse? Ami? Yarn? Weigh in peeps and let me know what you'd like to see as a prize.

P.S. - I booked a mini vacation today! My family is going to go to the Jersey shore later this month for 3 days. Its the first time in years that I'll have gone away. Wooooo! Excited!

13 comments:

Bezzie said...

Where on the shore?

It's a beautiful jacket! And you know I'm pretty sure I own professionally made stuff that positions the top two buttons close together like that.

Lesalicious said...

Oh wow look at Christina with her sexy self :)SMILE Loving your jacket it's about time I see you do a wearable for yourself. YAY everyone better watch out now lol. Great job you did.

Oh wow your blog will be 1 soon. So hummmmm how about a purse love your purses.:)

Mimi said...

That seemed fast, I am thinking of making a similar jacket but using thread...
Lovely jacket, the buttons look just right ;)

Karen said...

Beautiful jacket! The buttons are a "design feature". Yeah. :)

Blog prize? I say an ami, only because I want to win and I can't make those things to save my life. :)

And the shore? Near me?

Anonymous said...

The jacket is gorgeous, and you look lovely in it. :-) The not so even button placement just adds to it's charm! ;-)

I think an ami prize would be good. It's so popular right now.

Laurah said...

Wow- the sweater is gorgeous! I love that pettern stitch, and the white with the darker shirt underneath really makes those shells pop.
Hope the mini-vacation is going well!

Subway Hooker said...

fabulous, as always! and I love the uneven buttons, missy!

Cami said...

Love this! What a pretty pattern. I would have never noticed the buttons had you not said anything, and I wouldn't care about it either. I think it is georgous! Congrats on the one year anniversary of your blog. Quite a milestone. I'm sure what ever you come up with for a giveaway will be fantastic.

Debbi-a1 said...

What a beautiful jacket! You did a great job. I love it. And I doubt I wouldn't have noticed the buttons being off if you hadn't mentioned it.

LG said...

Pretty Jacket!

Dragonflymom said...

ok that is just so pretty!!!! I absolutely love it!!!! You did a great job on it.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful sweater. :)

Tina said...

I love your sweater/jacket!