Saturday, August 8, 2009

Slow Day at Casa K

Sorry I've been so quiet, but I don't think you want daily updates on our packing misadventures. :)

Packing got the boot today because the weather was so pretty. We decided to just enjoy the day and relax. We headed over to Sunset Pool. I didn't bring my camera for fear of it getting stolen (because a crappy camera is better than no camera!), so no pics. But the pool was pretty empty and we had a really nice time.

We bought one of those cheapie 18" grills you can find in the supermarket so we could have real grilled burgers for dinner.

This is what happens when two people haven't grilled in years attempt to do this on their own. We got ummm...overzealous with the charcoal and it was very windy.


Kids, don't try this at home!

Step 1: Keep cute kid away from big fire.



Step 2: Beat fire into submission with foil and a stick. Don't forget to smile.


Die, fire, die!

After we had our awesome burgers, we decided to make s'mores! The chocolate didn't melt very well, but who cares? They were delicious!



I had 3 of those suckers and now I won't get on the scale until September or so. Totally worth it.

10 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

mmmm.... smores! Good for you, taking it easy :)

Kristina P. said...

Someone posted on their blog about making Smores with PB Cups. I am all over that!!

Kaye said...

Yeah, we had a grill just like that. What a bunch of crap. You guys can invest in a good one when you come out to Jersey. We do a ton of driveway grilling (even in the winter--I stock up on end-of-season-sale charcoal).

Snap said...

Good to take a break from packing and it looks like you had a great day!

Caroline said...

You won't beleive this chica!!! We made s'mores too this weekend. Great minds think alike!!!! We amde our over a campfire. I'll try to post on my blog later.

Lorena said...

Mmmmmmmm! the smores look so yummy!

kado! said...

WHOA!

Beansieleigh said...

So funny! I remember nearly singing the hair right off a guy's leg trying to start my little gas grill! I know that SHOULDN'T be funny, but I'm afraid it was at the time! The smores look So-ooo GOOD! I've been wanting to roast marshmallows all summer, and still haven't yet!.. Too afraid to start that gas grill I guess! (0; ~tina Oh! Good Luck with the move, and hope the transition goes quickly and smoothly for you!

Beansieleigh said...

LOL! singeing... yes, THAT's how you spell it! Oh dear.. time to take a break from this thing! ~tina

Nikki said...

That looks like a lot of fun. :D Let me tell you: my inner new yorker is jealous of your back yard. :)

<3